“Remarkable”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
Royal Anchor Resort
Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Florida
“Remarkable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2009

My family and I greatly enjoyed our trip to OOB and especially our stay at the Royal Anchor! Everything was just as it should be during a relaxing vacation! Delicious breakfasts, helpful staff, beautiful beach views from our balcony, clean rooms, and a heated pool! The Royal Anchor is at the perfect spot right on the beach and is also situated very close to local attractions. It was definitely worth the trip from Florida! This place is a keeper and a great value! We can't wait to go back!!

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank vacationtravel09

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Lenox, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2009

I must say that my stay at the Royal Anchor was quite enjoyable. This was my first time here and I will definitely be returning. The rooms were very clean and the pool was so nice and warm. The ocean front was such a treat and the weather was surprisingly beautiful all week. I give the service 110% . I will suggest this resort to anyone who comes across it. Anyone who says that they will NEVER AGAIN come to this resort is out of their mind crazy, and clearly just looking for something to complain about.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
Claremont,NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2009

I've been staying at the Royal Anchor since my honeymoon in Oct 1974. My husband has since passed away, but I still go there every October. I loved the beautiful view from the balcony, walks on the beach , the quiet and solitude of OOB in the fall. I have never had a bad time while at the Royal Anchor--friendly & cooperative staff, lovely rooms, and clean . I recommend staying here to anyone looking for an enjoyable and relaxing vacation. I wouldn't sat antwhere else! Gail from NH

• Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
New England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2009

I called only a month in advance to make reservations as it was a last minute idea. When I asked for an Ocean view the woman on the phone told me I was all set and charged my card the full price for section A. When we got to the hotel we were stuck in section C. Right next to the lobby with absolutely no privacy but, yet they would not refund my money! Oh yeah another great thing we got to experience was the lack of A/C! That was a real treat. The staff was accommodating IF you were the only one they were working with. Otherwise it takes them forever to help you even if you only need to ask 1 simple question. I can not stand the fact that they only have 1 person at the front desk during peak season. Absolutely ridiculous! I will NEVER stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank gerardes
Upstate New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2009

Get up in the morning and enjoy the free continental breakfast by the pool or near the beach. Walk down the stairs and right onto the beach. Safe, secure family environment. Close, yet not too close to the boardwalk. Convenient location to activities, malls, shopping. Friendly staff. Well managed. Very well maintained. We have stayed there several times and have never been disappointed. Will be there again next week. This is the best value in the Old Orchard Beach area and we have been going there for decades.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled with family
2 Thank FamilyPlan143
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2009

We just returned from the Royal Anchor Resort and were so pleased with the accomodations. The room was very clean, the service was great, the view from the balcony was wonderful! The beach was just beautiful. What really impressed us was how quiet the rooms are. Although the weather didn't cooperate, we had a wonderful, relaxing vacation. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Definitely will return.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank GigiVermont
Vermont
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2009

owners, Mark and Claire, quickly quieted a loud group one night. the place is immaculate; staff is ALWAYS doing some type of cleaning. staff is friendly and very accommodating. excellent parking situation.

• Stayed August 2008, travelled with family