“What matters most........” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #17 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
mitchellb
“What matters most........”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2011

We stayed 3 nights. I choose this place because of the affordable room rates. We deicded to go with a studio room as it was the cheapest and our intentions were not to be in the room much at all so it didn't matter how great it was.....wellllll that all changed when we got there. The motel was great, my only initial complaint and it was one that I got over quickly was the parking was minimal and quickly filled up in the lot right where the motel was. I didnt mind parking across the street it was just harder to unload and carry things in espeically with a toddler. We always got a spot in the lot across the street although one night we had to circle around and go out for a little while longer because when we got there we didnt find a single open spot but later on one became available. Anyway, the parking was nothing that would ruin our vacation, our first vacation as a family that is! The weather was HORRIBLE so we ended up in our room a lot more then expected. I think going forward we would plan for the possibility of rain (duh!) and opt to go with a bigger room with a kitchenette. Our room was fine for what we paid for it, I wasnt expecting a penthouse out of our studio room. The room was bigger than we had expected which is a plus, had a/c which was a plus, and had a bigger fridge than we expected. We laughed about the size of the bathroom but in a good way, it was really small but to be expected with a studio room. The only complaint about the room itself was the bed was itchy feeling because of the material of the blanket on it but we just opted not to use that blanket and please note we did not bring that to the attention of the hotel staff and based on the awesome cleaning/repleneshing job they did each day I am sure it would have been replaced if they were aware. We had plenty of towels and wash cloths which was amazing with a toddler who is messy. We got colds while we were there and used tissues like crazy and those were replenished each day for us. Only one of our 3 days there had good weather and so we took advantage of the beach and brought back more sand with us than we realized and were quite messy unintentionally with the room. The staff always cleaned this up for us and never once complained or said anything to us about it, I know as you are reading this you are probably thinking well duh thats their job BUT it was much more than just their job to us because our son spilled juice on the bed, his food on the bed, he just was a messy kid and we had sand everywhere we overfilled the trash can spilling it onto the floor daily and the staff remained kind....very awesome! My parents stayed in a room with a kitchenette for 2 of these nights and we visited their room and thats definitely the type of room we will get next time in the event we have the bad weather again. Our stay was during the hurricane/tropical storm. In the end we had our first family vacation, learned some things, had some new experiences, and ultimatley were together as a family and thats what matters. Any place you stay is going to have things that you like or dislike about it and if you arent being too overly picky than I am sure most stuff could be worked out with the staff. This is a great place to stay and I look forward to staying again!

Room Tip: Plan for a hurricane :) okay just kidding plan for rain and go with a room with a kitchenette so yo...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank mitchellb1984
seaviewgetaway, Front Office Manager at Sea View Motel, responded to this review, 23 March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. How unfortunate about the weather! We hope you can stay with us again at another time to enjoy the beach and all of our amenities. If you ever need help carrying bags to and from your room, our staff would be more than happy to help! We look forward to having you stay with us again in the future!

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
BeanTown USA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2011

This was a nice little motel right on the beach in close proximity to the downtown area, about a 7 minute leisure stroll with young kids. We stayed (2adults/3kids) in one of the rooms directly facing the ocean and pool with two queen sized beds and a fold-out futon. The room was pretty tight but that's to be expected when you come to Old Orchard Beach. We've stayed at other motels in the area and generally the rooms are pretty dated and small. Our room had a "kitchenette" which by normal standard will never be mistaken for a "kitchen" it was that small. It was located directly outside of the bathroom all the way to the back of the room. If you plan to cook some meals, it'll be very interesting trying to maneuver around that space. It also didn't help that the room had very poor lighting so visibility could be an issue too. The room also had probably one of the smallest bathrooms I've come across but it was as clean as can be expected. The one thing that really bothered me was the toilet not flushing very well and with young kids and their over-zealous use of toilet paper, I was very concerned! A few times it backed up a little so that we almost had to call the front desk for help. That's not something I want to worry about on vacation.

Probably the best selling feature for this motel is really the views of the ocean from the common balcony and the closeness to the amusement park. Just wish the motel was a little more updated but in general it was an okay stay for the short-term. We stayed for two nights and that was more then enough time for me. For the money they charged, they should at least attempt to improve the decor, and some new bedding would definitely be helpful.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled with family
howard beach ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2011

I read many reviews on this hotel before I booked it. The pros are the location, right on the beach, close to the pier, swimming pool, and barbeque for use. We stayed in a tiny room that was affordable. The one major downfall to me was the bathroom. It was so small and not sparkling clean. I didn't even shower during my stay there. There were many families who seemed to really be enjoying themselves, maybe its just the small little rooms where the bathrooms are no good. I knew going in about the trade offs.

Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Quincy, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2011

We needed a place to stay for one night to break up the long drive to Bar Harbor, and decided on an old favorite, Old Orchard Beach. We wanted to stay near the Pier and on the beach, and we got our wish when we got a room at the Sea View Motel. We would have liked a room with a view of the ocean, but those rooms were three night minimum, and we were only staying one night. While the building was clearly old, everything was in mint condition, updated, and very clean. The room had a kitchenette and a nice bathroom. The staff was friendly and helpful and the location could not be beat. Not only was Sea View within walking distance of the Pier, amusements, mini-golf, shops, and a plethora of restaurants, but it was literally steps to the beach. If we ever visit Old Orchard Beach for a longer stay, Sea View Motel will top our list of choices for sure.

Room Tip: If you want a room with a view in the summer, I believe it is a three night minimum.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are so happy to hear that you would like to stay with us again!
Elgin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2011

We just got home to Illinois yesterday from our visit to the OOB. We stayed at a neighboring Motel on the strip and were less than happy with our "penthouse" room that cost us $320.00 a night. My husband and I took advantage of the extra time we had one morning and "visited" many hotels on the strip and found this on had everything we were looking for Ocean View, kitchenette, more living space, closer to all the action but not TOO close etc.... for less than what we were paying for our VERY SMALL Penthouse (with no kitchenette) at our current location. We booked at the moment for next year. The staff was wonderful letting us walk the property and view vacant rooms. We are counting the days until we can come back for our visit.

Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank OOBfans
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2011

From the beginning of my experience at the Seaview to the end of my stay I was amazed at how special my trip ended up being. I have a family of 5 and knew finding a hotel to accommodate us all would be tricky, but we scored finding this place!

We stayed in a two bedroom suite and it was completely amazing! The room looked and felt brand new, maybe a couple years old at the most! I know from previous experiences in OOB that some hotels can be on the older side, but the seaview blew me away! The suite had more than enough room for all of us, both rooms had a queen bed in it and a full pull out couch in the living room! All the beds were extremely comfortable, which was very enjoyable. The kitchenette was fully equipped with everything you could think of as well.

The pool area was very lovely and definately my children's favorite part. They would've lived in it if I had let them! We also enjoyed having access to the bbq grills that the Seaview has to offer as well! Overall my stay was amazing! We were a minute walk away to the beach and enjoyed being the right amount of distance away from the amusment area too. If you want to spend your time soaking up the sun during the day and having a beautiful suite to go home to afterwards this is the place for you!

• Stayed July 2011
      Location
      Rooms
3 Thank bostonbean34
Grantham
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2011

My husband and I had a great experience at the Sea View. We were greeted with exceptional service when we checked in! Our room was very clean and came with a kitchenette. The pool was very clean and well maintained. The location was great because we could walk to just about everywhere we wanted to go. We will be back with other family members very soon!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple