“Great place...Always clean!!”
Review of Sea View Motel

Sea View Motel
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 20 August 2013 via mobile

We try to make it to OOB every and when we do we stay here...we have a dog and this place is just very well kept and clean!! We love this place and the location is great since you can walk to pier and other restaurants!!

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed 2 August 2013

I enjoyed our stay at the sea view. Cleanliness is the most important thing for me. Property is well taken care and cleanliness is a top priority. The beds in our room were old and mattresses not comfortable but we only stayed 4 days and I was more concerned about cleanliness so I didn't mind too much. It was pricey at 300$ a night thought.

Room Tip: Stayed in room 1 ocean front room (all that was available). Upper floor is better (for ocean view b...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Maria Teresa P
Reviewed 29 July 2013

If you are visiting Old Orchard Beach in Maine, you have to check out the Sea View Motel. The facilities are top notch and the staff are very helpful. The guest access to the ice machine alone saves you tons of cash while on vacation. The access to the beach is perfect, as is the pool with tables, barbeque grills etc. My only complaint would be the excessive requirement for absolute silence on the property after 11:00 PM. In a town that doesn't shut down until 1:00 AM, there is more noise from the streets and beaches than on their property. Yet, their security has a 'zero tolerance' for people sitting in lounge chairs, having conversation at typical chatter volume. Otherwise, you can't beat this facility and the location to the Pier etc.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and daughter stayed at The Seaview last week and we were extremely disapinted. We have stayed there numerous times before without any problems, but this time was the worst experience yet. We booked the room in February and made sure there was NO SMOKING ALLOWED IN ROOMS. Well when we walked into the room it smelled like 10 people smoke a carton of cigarrettes for a week straight without opening a window. Oh yeah there are no open windows there... Anyway the hotel tried ionizers and cleaned the room but no luck. We have a 3 year old that was in a hospital for a very long time for breathing issues so you can just imagine our horror. The Seaview put us in a different room in a another building one night but we had to stay in the smoke room the second night because absolutely everything was booked and we were a long way from driving home. They offered our money back for the second night but we decided to stay. Plus the fact of the smoking problem there is no hair dryer and the coffee K-cup machine worked off and on. In addition to those inconveniences the Coke machine downstairs was out of bottled water. In the morning they have a common room so you can get coffee. It opens at 8[sometimes later] and the coffee doesn't arrive till even later if your lucky.So look around Old Orchard before booking because there is alot of competition and hotel owners know that.Read the reviews. We wish would have stayed somewhere else...next year we will. Oh yeah and the beachfront cafe is terrible too...

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Kennedy420
seaviewgetaway, General Manager at Sea View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

Addressing truthful issues is much easier than responding to nonsense. The Sea View Inn is completely non-smoking and as the guest suggested, they have stayed with us before and had no issues. We do not have a beach café so we are not sure where they ate. We did upgrade our rooms with brand new Kuerig coffee machines, which are supplied by Kuerig, and if there is an issue with the performance of the machine it is defiantly operator error. We would never let the water or soda run out because we donate all of the money we make in soda and water sales to the Lafayette Family Cancer Center in Brewer Maine looking for a cure for cancer. Plus we sell soda and water in the lobby as well. All of our rooms have hair dryers, however, sometimes guests will leave hotel with the hair dryer. For this reason we keep 75 extra hair dryers on property at all times to bring to a guest when requested. Our guess must be that weather did not cooperate with this person’s plans and they felt that was something we can control. We cannot control the weather but do feel bad that this person was so unhappy that they resorted to posting an untrue review.

Reviewed 7 July 2013

My husband and I just returned from our first stay ever at OOB. I found this hotel through Trip Advisor and booked it according to the reviews that it received. The staff was very nice and accommodating! We rented, at the last minute, a studio for about $100.00 a night. The one we rented was small, but we knew what we were expecting for the money. The room is perfect for two people, but more than that it would be way too cramped. The bathroom was very small, but we were never in the room so that was really not an issue. Everything is within walking distance of this hotel. The room was very clean and unlike what another reviewer said, we did have a do not disturb sign for our room. The cleaning lady was so nice and asked us if we needed anything when we saw her in the hallway. Overall, my husband and I were very happy with our stay there and are already making plans for a second visit in August! We can't wait!!!!

Room Tip: If you want a cheap, affordable room go for the studio. It is small, but in reality you are never t...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2013

Me and my family spent 3 nights July 4th weekend, we leave tomorrow. I just wanted to let anyone who is looking for a clean,accommodating, and relaxing beach hotel know that this is the one to stay out. I had done my research trying to find the best hotel to stay at with my family this march, I came across the Seaveiw and went inside, they should me all the rooms and I got to pick the one that best suits us. It was a suite and yea it was pretty sweet ;). Very clean, house keeping every day, very spacious with a kitchen and two bedrooms that are private, the office staff were excellent, and the pool was refreshing! Not to mention there are 4 grills, three in the pool Area and one in the shade, that was amazing to have to save some money and cook our own food. And to walk to downtown is literely a two minute walk to all the shops and restuarant. we never even had to take our car. Anyways, Long story short, I would Absolutely recommend this hotel and I am definitly going to make this a yearly vacation here!! :)

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank DoneDeal33
Reviewed 2 July 2013

Normally, it is a three night minimum. but I only had a night available due to work deadlines. Based on the reviews I read on Trip Advisor, I was glad to be able to get a room here for the night. Staff were very accomodating. We took the train up and walked 0.4 miles, arriving at the motel around mid-day. After having lunch, our room was ready. The room exceeded my expectations. Most motels in Old Orchard Beach were built 30-40 years ago. You will not find the Old Orchard Beach Hilton or Hyatt in this town. However, you will find family-owned motels or motels owned by other real estate corporations. Some new condos have been built since I was last here. The key to getting return customers at these locally owned motels are those that go the extra mile and keep their rooms maintained, clean, replace bedding every 3-5 years, keep the pools clean, and keep the heavy partiers away. This place did all that and more. It is owned by the Lafayette corporation, which also owns the Waves Oceanfront motel, two blocks away. An added bonus is you get the use of their pool which is the newest one in town (built two years ago, complete with waterfalls and heated to 80 degrees). The Sea View's pool was nice too, a little cool (around 75 degrees), but I was impressed on how well it was taken care of. When the pool closes at 10pm, there is a cover put on the pool to keep it clean (and keep people from jumping in there after it closes so families like ours with young kids can sleep!) Even though we were 1/3 mile from the center of town, we did not hear a thing at night except for the soothing sounds of the waves from our first floor pool and ocean front room. The queen beds were comfortable. The room had a/c but it was not needed since the temps fell into the 60's at night when we were there. It was walking distance to everything (motel was on the beach, easy walking distance to the pier, shops, amusement park, arcade, and restaurants). Staff were nice enough to let us store our bags after we checked out as our train was not until later in the afternoon. There was also a hospitality room available after check out that had a lounge, rest room, shower, and changing facilities. The pool had gas grills if you wanted to go to the IGA and get some food to cook yourself. The room also had a kitchenette with a small stove and refridgerator. I'll admit I had a little sticker shock at first when I booked the room over the phone (rooms were $269 and up plus tax for oceanfront.) However, as I came to realize during my stay, if you want a clean, quiet, comfortable, well-maintained, ocean front room, convienent to the train and to all the OOB attractions, you got to be willing to pay for that. If you want to save a little, you can stay in a room at this motel facing the parking lot for about $209 plus tax in season depending on the weekend. Overall, a great stay! Hopefully, we can stay longer next time.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
seaviewgetaway, General Manager at Sea View Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2013

Dear guest thank you for your review. Lafayette Hotels is a family owned ad operated company that is made up of 30 hotels. We take pride in our properties and providing our guests with great service every time they stay with us. We truly appreciate when our hard work is noticed! Thank you again and hope to see you again soon.