“Vacation”

Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn
Ranked #4 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We live a couple of hours away and look forward to our trip to this wonderful astablishment every year. The rooms are always clean and fresh. The people are very nice and we will be back.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny. We prefer the second floor even though the views are very nice fr...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 6 October 2011

The property is great and well located. The rooms are terribly small. We went in late September, and there were probably only 5 other rooms booked during the 2 nights we were there. I asked the front desk if it was possible to get a free upgrade to an ocean front room, and the lady literally laughed in my face and said "For free? Yeah right!". A simple no would have sufficed. Other than that, we were treated reasonably. I guess it's not common practice in this area to try and impress your guests. I'm sure not going to run out and tell all my friends about this place, and don't expect to spend my money there again. It's not a bad place, but I'd much rather try something else out that had more space if I'm in the area again.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The owner greeted us and was very friendly. We booked a ocean front room with a small
kitchenette. Everything was fairly clean. For the price we paid $299.60 off season they did
not provide shampoo or kleenex. The worst part was outside there were filthy garbage cans
near our door on the balcony and also white cans filled with sand for smokers which were disgusting to non smokers. Not the best place.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 29 June 2012

I thankyou for the review and have taken the next step in please all customers and no smokers
there is no smoking on balconies do to the Maine State Laws that apply to this, As into the garbage can this is pickup 2 times a day . People have to put there trash somewhere. Sorry for that inconvience .Mike

Reviewed 31 August 2011

We stay at this hotel EVERY year.It is VERY clean and accomadating. The people have always been very friendly. We will coninue to only stay there every year. Thank-you for pleasant time we have!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 August 2011

We stayed at the Normandie a few days ago. The young people working in the office were rude and not helpful at all. When we checked in and told them that our room was never cleaned we did not get a response. After cleaning the bathroom my wife was mad, at over $200 per night they could at least clean the room. When housekeeping threw away something (belonging to my son) from the room the next day they acted like it wasn't their problem. Wow.. Almost every night there were people drinking and smoking outside the rooms till all hours of the night. When I asked them to move in front of there own rooms (after midnight) they looked at me like I was crazy. The drinking and smoking from the guests was disgusting, this isn't spring break people it was August in Maine! Not a family friendly place at all. The pool was so cloudy you coulnd't even see the bottom in the kiddie section. The spa was full of sand and always had drinks from other guests left all over the place. The parking lot was so tight my car got dings on both sides. I could go on forever but I would not stay there ever again, even if it was free. I can't understand the good reviews for this place, what happened? What changed?

Room Tip: Don't bother, it's expensive, outdated and small.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank L M
MIKEBOUFFARD, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2011

I would like to respond to this review.The persons at the office are known to be very nice and accomadating.I will have a talk with them .If indeed this did happen I apologize .As into the bathroom being not clean my daughter checked and did not find any issues but went ahead and cleaned the bathroom to make sure that our customer was happy. As into housekeeping throwing something away and acted like they did not care is the farthest thing from the truth. I personally talked to the father of the son and we looked threw our laundry with no avail. Everybody was on the lookout for a blue ragged blanket.As into being loud we have a quiet time after 11pm. If this was occuring I wish that you would have dialed O and it would have taken care of this if we would have known. As into the pool not being clean that i need to say is not true by any means and are not cloudy. We test water and record 3 times a day.As into drinks are not allowed in the pool area.As into sand in the hot tub being on the beach sand does get into the hot tub by the end of the day even by showering before entering.As into our parking lot being tight being on the beach parking is tight but everyone has a spot.I feel that you would have come and asked to talk to the owner or manager.Im sorry that you feel this way but nothing has changed as in the reviews we are a family owned and run business and treat customers like they are family.I my self and my family thrive to make sure everyone is Happy.But sometimes we can not please everyone even if we try. I am sorry if we let you down.
Thankyou Mike

Reviewed 20 August 2011

Overall, we were very pleased with our stay. We were very lucky to get an apartment. It was across the street from the main hotel, but just a five second walk. We were pleasantly surprised by the size of the apartment. It was 2 bedrooms, full kitchen, small living room, full size bathroom, 2 porches, and a laundry room/mud room. The LR had a pull out coach and each BR had its own TV. The apt was extremely clean and updated. It wasn't luxurious, but it was perfect for a sandy beach vacation. There is a small indoor pool and a small jacuzzi tub. The best part is that it is right on the beach. There are two outdoor showers and a reasonably priced beachfront food stand with breakfast and lunch items. The only downfall of the apartment is that the train runs right behind it - only a few yards away. When we reserved the owner graciously warned us if this. It wasn't that bad and you got used to it. There isn't a beach property at OOB that wouldn't deal with this - they are all right on the train line. Would highly recommend The Normandie!

• Stayed: August 2011
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This is our frist trip to Maine Old Ochard travelling with a 3 & 4 yr old, was very happy with our stay, Mike was very nice. Check in was fast. Room was ok a little small but fine we didn't spent much time in the room. The washroom was ok but not enough room to put toiletries, we managed with the space we had. The mini snack bar was excellent. Close by to get a coffee in the morning, as for lunch, hamburger, fries, hot dogs etc...As for the parking we where given a spot when we got there, but we happend to go out. got back and parking spot was taken. It happened a couple of times it's very frustrating. We had to call Mike everytime it happened. They should # the parking spots mybe would be easier. Apart from that it was a nice place. Would go back.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family