“We enjoyed our stay very nice place”

Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
“We enjoyed our stay very nice place”
Reviewed 7 April 2012

My husband and I had a jacuzzi room and it was very nice. We had privacy it was quiet and clean. There is a small snack shop right on site for the coffee drinkers We will be back. Service was excellent. They had special parking for our Harley's.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank KaraKristine
, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 29 June 2012
Thankyou for your review. We like all reviews we want to make a vacation that you will come back too year after year.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 2 April 2012

My husband and I stayed September 2011 - the room was small, but clean. Honestly, the rooms are for sleeping because the beach is so awesome and theres so much to do..you aren't going to be spending that much time in there anyways. If I had my 2 year old or a thrid person..I would have felt cramped. The decor is appropiate and kind of what you'd expect. All rates are high..so it's really a crapshoot when it comes to quality. We were not disappointed and am booking to stay again this June for a day with my mother. waking up to the sunrise was amazing - listening to the waves roll in and out was equally amazing. The view from the ocean side...spectacular! The young lady who was working the counter was courteous. polite and helpful with a "to go" place for some chow. I feel the price was too rich for the accomodations - but it is what it is. I'll be going back!

Room Tip: Higher ocean front floor are quieter from ground traffic and better view.
Windham, Maine, United States
Reviewed 13 January 2012

I wanted the perfect New Years Eve,I booked a jacuzzi room.We had no hot water for the tub or to take a shower.When we checked out the gentleman at the desk said he was sorry and that they have had problems with room 55.He talked to the owner whom replied not his problem.What a business owner.I will never refer this place

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Terrie C
Newport,N.H.
Reviewed 13 December 2011

We live a couple of hours away and look forward to our trip to this wonderful astablishment every year. The rooms are always clean and fresh. The people are very nice and we will be back.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and sunny. We prefer the second floor even though the views are very nice fr...
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2011

The property is great and well located. The rooms are terribly small. We went in late September, and there were probably only 5 other rooms booked during the 2 nights we were there. I asked the front desk if it was possible to get a free upgrade to an ocean front room, and the lady literally laughed in my face and said "For free? Yeah right!". A simple no would have sufficed. Other than that, we were treated reasonably. I guess it's not common practice in this area to try and impress your guests. I'm sure not going to run out and tell all my friends about this place, and don't expect to spend my money there again. It's not a bad place, but I'd much rather try something else out that had more space if I'm in the area again.

Brockville, Canada
Reviewed 18 September 2011

The owner greeted us and was very friendly. We booked a ocean front room with a small
kitchenette. Everything was fairly clean. For the price we paid $299.60 off season they did
not provide shampoo or kleenex. The worst part was outside there were filthy garbage cans
near our door on the balcony and also white cans filled with sand for smokers which were disgusting to non smokers. Not the best place.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
I thankyou for the review and have taken the next step in please all customers and no smokers
there is no smoking on balconies do to the Maine State Laws that apply to this, As into the garbage can this is pickup 2 times a day . People have to put there trash somewhere. Sorry for that inconvience .Mike
Newport,N.H.
Reviewed 31 August 2011

We stay at this hotel EVERY year.It is VERY clean and accomadating. The people have always been very friendly. We will coninue to only stay there every year. Thank-you for pleasant time we have!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple