“Not sure it was worth it”

Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Albany, New York
“Not sure it was worth it”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The room was decent, clean, well kept, a little old. Parking on the other hand was HORRIFIC. Assigned parking, with VERY VERY TIGHT SPACES. We drove a small SUV couldn't get around the parking lot, and the had trouble getting in and out of the car.

Room Tip: I am not sure you could get a bad room, after all you are 50 feet from the beach and ocean. As I sa...
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Thank you for your review we are always updating several rooms tear after year. And I will be the first to agree that my parking is tight .This is all because Oceanfront property is expensive but we do expand when we can for parking .All rooms do have a parking spot. I hope you will stay with us again and will make parking easier for you. Thanks Mike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Hermon, Maine, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I use to bring my two children to OOB every summer while they were growing up. I felt very safe at the Normandie with Mike the owner being on site all the time. Our last visit was 10 years ago, up until this year. Mike, the owner is such a nice person. He actually remember us from 10 years ago. This place is even nicer than it was when we came here in the past. I highly recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a great place to stay that is within walking distance to the pier but yet far enough away to enjoy peace and quiet.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Well I am happy you and your daughter & grandchild had a great time staying with us .Now is the time to start the tradition again with her.It was nice seeing you again .Thank you for your kind words . Mike
billrica
Reviewed 14 August 2013

I have been reading all of these reveiws and let me tell everyone i have been coming to the normandie for over 10 years now and my kids were 13 and 4 and now 23 and 14 and they even cant wait for every summer to arrive so that we can stay at the normandie which is nothing but an awesome and incredibly great time rain or shine theres always something to do and for those that even have the nerve to say anything bad about mike is just telling me they are ignorant people who have no concept of life these folks are honest and entertaining and show us that its not just a business its a way of life you come to a nice beach and add a inn like this is again nothing but an awesome time , the only way to feel the expeirience is too come up and try it you cant go wrong . Mike shame on those people. all i know is im coming up end of august and cant freakin wait buddy . keep up the great work and screw the dingalings there loss not yours . see you in a couple weeks pal. jimmy Bright and family

Room Tip: i have tried the oceanfront but find its a bit more quiet on the inside rooms ,but all are fine room...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind words . This is a way of life and our Family for 2 generations has been proud owner and love see new a previous guest like your self. Thanks for thinking of us .
Mike and Family .
Reviewed 10 August 2013

We have been visiting the southern coast of Maine for about 30 years. This was our first stay at the Normandie. This was by far our best vacation ever. The location was so perfect and Mike the owner and his staff were awesome. We love the distance from the pier. Nice short walk and yet far enough away for some privacy. The Hotel was a last minute find and we couldn't of been more satisfied. The rooms we had booked were clean and well maintained. We loved it and can't wait for next year:)

• Stayed August 2013
Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Well I am so happy you had a great time, And is a honor that you feel this way about The Normandie you and many other customers believe what you believe. Hope to see you again in the years to come . Mike
Shrewsbury, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 9 August 2013

Third year back with my family - four of us; me, my wife, and two kids (15 and 13). Normandie is always clean and well cared for. Beach-front is great, and pool and hot tub are always working (and clean). Mike the manager is a proud owner and diligent host. Great location, nice rooms, terrific beach, and just the right distance from pier. No need to look further.

Room Tip: Reserve early and choose waterfront.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your review our family has been in business for over 40 years and just love having families coming back year after year. We are so happy you had another great time making memories for you and your family. Mike
Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

Overall my family had a great vacation, the beach is beautiful. The rooms are just ok. I think this motel is very overpriced. For almost $300 a night it should be clean and updated. The sheets were stained and dirty! We asked for new ones and received a sarcastic remark when they gave them to us. The sink was leaking but I definitely didn't want to complain after seeing some of the trip advisor comments from the owner. The sheets weren't changed again throughout our 3 night stay. Cleaning service kept it to the bare minimum of just giving us toilet paper and towels... No actual cleaning. They do have a outdoor area where you can grill by the pool which is a plus. The indoor pool is also a plus. The staff was friendly when you talked to them ... But the owner surprisingly was not. Rude and sarcastic is what he was. This place could be good if it was clean updated . The only reason they get away with charging this much is the location. My advice would be to find somewhere close to this place but don't sleep here.

• Stayed August 2013
Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
First let me thankyou for writing a review. We are a Mom and Pop Motel.As all the motels in this area are owned by families.Our cleaning staff does a great job.Our sheets are changed everyday they are switched out on the 3rd day of staying . If your sheets need to be changed you must notify housekeeping if needed be changed.. My staff on a stay over cleans the total bathroom everyday of your stay over sweeps or vac's and will make beds.If there are items left on beds. They are told not to make beds. This might of been the issue. As me the owner not being nice that is not the way I run my business. I do alot to make sure things run smoothly.But if I did I totally say I'm sorry .I make sure my staff gives the my customers a great experience. Again I do run a clean place.And we are priced right for the room and location.
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 2 August 2013

It was our first time at this motel but our relatives are usual customers and we were not disappointed. I love the location and the view from the balcony. I took some pictures of the sunrise that I am sharing. Of course this is not perfect but what is? Next time we are planing to go to back and stay longer!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I am so glad you had a great time and thankyou for the pics that other guest can see.Hope you will come see us again and stay longer if time let you.Till we see you again. Best wishes Mike