“Great place to stay.”

Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
“Great place to stay.”
Reviewed 8 September 2013

we have been staying at the Normandie forthe past four years and would never stay anywhere else. We have met some great people and Mike and his staff have been very good to us. Can't ask for better. I would highly recommend the Normandie to anyone. It's right on the beach

• Stayed September 2013
Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
Thank you for your honest review hope you will see us again in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We absolutely will be back! The hotel is located right on the beautiful beach and within short walking distance to all of the downtown and pier attractions. Mike the owner was extremely helpful to us and went out of his way to accommodate all of our requests. He made us feel like we had known him forever and this was a home to us. The rooms were updated nicely and were clean and neat. I cant wait to stay again!!!! Thank you for a great time!!!

• Stayed August 2013
Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
I am so glad you had a great time and will come again. All my guest new or previous guest will be treated with the respect they deserve and will help in anyway I can or my staff. That is how it is here at The Normandie .
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We stayed here for one night and this place has its pros and cons! Mike the owner is a super nice guy, very friendly and helpful. The location of this hotel is PERFECT, it is far enough away from the pier that you aren't in the middle of a sea of people, but still close enough that you can walk there easily. We booked the only room they had available and the room was pretty rough; tiny, very old, no windows. In fairness to the Normandie they do have way better rooms on the property but they were all booked. There is a small cafe at the front of the resort which has a small menu for brunch/lunch so that was a plus. The hotel sits directly on the beach. I would say if you are looking for a reasonably affordable, low key hotel right on OOB, a good distance from the pier this would be a great place for you.

Room Tip: We had room 25A, I would not recommend. Pay more for a better room!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank snoflake117
Thank you for your review . I'm am glad you were able to get in to the last room that we had even though it may not be what you wanted.Please come see us again and try to reserve early or call before coming so we may possibly have the room that you would like on your next visit. Mike
Montpelier, Vermont
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This is my fourth year coming and each time I am reminded why. It is close enough to everything - yet far enough away for some quite if you'd like.The rooms are clean and service is prompt if needed (we needed a roll of toilet paper and as one would want, it arrived within minutes of request). The staff is very friendly.

Room Tip: It is WORTH paying the small extra to get the ocean side rooms!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review as always we will do what ever is needed to make your stayone to remember. Thanks Mike
Norton, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 19 August 2013

My boyfriend and I recently spent three days (Wed-Sat) at the Normandie, and I must say we had a great time. When i was looking for hotels, I was a bit concerned when i had seen all of the negative comments about the owner and some of the facilities. I never want to take away from anyone's experience, whether it be good or bad, but I must say that I was beyond impressed and the Normandie most definitely exceeded my expectations. You can tell that the owner is passionate and that he takes pride in his business. We stayed in on of the basements rooms (24A) and although at first i was nervous, we were delighted with the room. We were comfortable and the amenities were spot on. A few steps up and you were on the beach. We spent a lot of time on the front patio lounging in chairs and having dinner at the small table. Our absolute favorite part of the Normandie had to be the pool area. We spent hours relaxing in the pool and hot tub. An added bonus were the two propane grills right outside the pool on the patio. We had the majority of our meals out there and not having to provide your own propane was quite a perk.
All in all, I would highly recommend the Normandie. I would recommend reading the reviews on tripadvisor, but ultimately you have to make your own experience. In our case I'm glad we went with the Normandie. We make OOB an annual trip every year and we plan on staying back at the Normandie next Summer. Thank you for an excellent escape :)

Room Tip: Loved 24A. It's small but it was inexpensive and close to the beach!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathleen B
Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 24 September 2014
Thank you Kathy for your review and glad you had a great time . I do agree that reviews are great but everyone should make there own decisions. I welcome you now as part of the ever growing Normandie Family of guest. And yes our Family takes great pride in our business. Thanks Again for the kind review. Mike
Albany, New York
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The room was decent, clean, well kept, a little old. Parking on the other hand was HORRIFIC. Assigned parking, with VERY VERY TIGHT SPACES. We drove a small SUV couldn't get around the parking lot, and the had trouble getting in and out of the car.

Room Tip: I am not sure you could get a bad room, after all you are 50 feet from the beach and ocean. As I sa...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you for your review we are always updating several rooms tear after year. And I will be the first to agree that my parking is tight .This is all because Oceanfront property is expensive but we do expand when we can for parking .All rooms do have a parking spot. I hope you will stay with us again and will make parking easier for you. Thanks Mike
Hermon, Maine, United States
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I use to bring my two children to OOB every summer while they were growing up. I felt very safe at the Normandie with Mike the owner being on site all the time. Our last visit was 10 years ago, up until this year. Mike, the owner is such a nice person. He actually remember us from 10 years ago. This place is even nicer than it was when we came here in the past. I highly recommend this place to anyone that is looking for a great place to stay that is within walking distance to the pier but yet far enough away to enjoy peace and quiet.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Well I am happy you and your daughter & grandchild had a great time staying with us .Now is the time to start the tradition again with her.It was nice seeing you again .Thank you for your kind words . Mike