The Normandie Motel should be compared to The Battle of Normandy… Devastating! Our room was the size of a boxcar providing little to no ventilation. The bathroom door would not shut without force, the tub would not drain properly, there was mold in the shower, and the air conditioner was loud and did not provide any relief from the heat. The door to the adjoining room did not lock, which is a huge security issue. The walls were paper thin. You could hear the conversations going on in the next room!
Upon check in we were not told about the assigned parking. We tried to move our large truck to a spot that would be not only provide better access for us to get in the car, but also make it easier for the people on either side of us to get into their vehicles. Once the car was moved we received a phone call from the owner telling us to move the car back, reprimanding us like naughty grade school children. We would have to crawl into the back of our truck just to leave the motel.
The owner clearly spoke both English and French, which is a wonderful aspect for French speaking travelers. Unfortunately, it seemed as though he catered specifically to the travelers from Quebec even though we are from French-Canadian decent.
The cost was outlandish for the size and quality of the room. Clearly you are paying for the proximity to the ocean, which was the only redeeming aspect of the place. After traveling 1,000 miles, we felt uncomfortable, angry and let down. As someone who works for a large chain hotel, I can see the massive amount of codes that are being broken. I cannot believe that they do not receive more complaints. Housekeeping was friendly. They did make the beds and give us fresh towels daily. BUYER BEWARE!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Normandie,we would to think we create memories.If you are looking to make an impression.Ask us about our motel rooms with or without kitchens even Jacuzzi Rooms. Condo Apartments,Townhouses and Beach House that have 2-3-4 Bedrooms.New for 2014 BBQ area with Gas grills.Weather your looking to bring the family or just a romantic getaway to the Beach.Then stay with The Bouffard Family At the Normandie. Open Year Round ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Normandie Oceanfront Motor Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Normandie Oceanfront Hotel
- Normandie Oceanfront Motel
- Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn Old Orchard Beach, Maine