“Did not want to leave”

Ranked #2 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Lewiston, Maine
“Did not want to leave”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I woke up Friday morning, opened my blind and saw...my neighbor's yard. Sigh-vacation over. I woke up Tuesday through Thursday mornings, opened my blind and saw the sun sparkling millions of tiny diamonds upon the ocean, the whitecaps breaking upon the beach, and the rock roses in bloom. The only sad thing about a relaxing vacation is having it end. This was my second year decompressing at the Normandie and it was just as wonderful as I had remembered. Location, right on the beach - standing in the middle of my room at the Normandie, looking out the front windows, I could have been on an ocean liner because all I could see is the Atlantic-wow. At night, my comfortable bed smelt so fresh and clean. Cleanliness factors hugely in my comfort level with an accommodation. The Normandie is clean. Cupboards, floors, bathrooms - immaculate. Mike and staff were once again very welcoming. I want to be there right now...

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jackie L
Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 24 June 2014
Thank you for Staying with us once again. It's funny that you say your on an Ocean Liner is that is how I explain the view is like being on the a boat. As into the millions od diamonds on the water we are so lucky to have a beautiful beach with a hard beach to walk on and the sea roses have been brought there by nature, Thank you staying hurry back when ever you can. Thanks Mike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Jewett City, Connecticut
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

We arrived with recieving a very pleasant welcome from Brenda. The room was very nice and very clean. We also met with Mike's wife (Melanie) who was very personable and very nice to talk to and gave us some great insights as to where to eat being our first time here. Mike was very friendly also along with the entire housekeeping staff. Being in the hospitality business ourselves we can appreciate the welcome relaxed atmosphere created by all at Normandie Inn. The view from the room was breathing taking even though the building is older but well kept. The parking that other reviews spoke about is tight but we never had any issues when we were assigned a spot. We would recommend staying here and we would not hesitate to return for a run away weekend with some very friendly people!

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dena B
Thank you for your kind word. Brenda has just come on board with us and is great asset to Normandie with her smile when greeting customers and taking care of customers needs.She has help me and my wife Melanie to taking care of other task. Again thank you for the review and remember we are Open Year Round. Thanks Mike
Hyde Park, Vermont
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was our second year at the Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn. We love the location right on the ocean, close to the boardwalk but far enough away so that it is very peaceful. You get the best of both worlds. Rooms are very clean and beds are really comfortable for not being my own bed. Great for family get a ways. Already booked for next year. Cannot wait! They owners are very friendly, great personalities. Indoor pool and hot tube so you can relax after day spent walking the beach. Look forward to returning here year after year.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you Kimberly for your review and feed back. We make sure the beds feel somewhat like some ones home bed because we all need that r/r and same with the pillows . Glad you had a great time and have already decided to book 2015 . We just don't wanna rush Summer 2014 just yet since 2013 and 2014 winter just left. Have a great summer and see you in 2015.Thank you for the for the grade.
Thetford Mines
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We spent the long week end of May 17th, 2014 at the Normandie in Old Orchard Beach. We felt that our room was fine and suited our purpose well. Here is a bit of information that you might like to know.
The landside kitchenette rooms have a partial ocean view as long as you are on the second floor and in rooms 13-17. No private balconies but a couple chairs and small table to put your coffee cup on beside your room door. These rooms have a microwave, coffee maker, toaster, small fridge and burners. There is also enough cutlery and plates for 4. Pots and pans are also supplied. We never tried the air conditioning but there is a unit in each room. Comfortable beds, full bath and clean. It is not the Ritz but it will be a comfortable place to spend your holiday. There is also a beachfront breakfast and lunch counter at the front of the hotel with a sitting area. A nice touch to your vacation as is the indoor pool. Be realistic about expectations, the hotels that are beachfront are older but Mike has done a nice job at up-keeping his rooms and making sure that they are clean and comfortable. It is true that he is very friendly and welcoming. The only disadvantage is the tight parking spots but it works.
For friendly, clean lodging, the Normandie was a nice place to spend a week-end.

Room Tip: 2nd floor was great for the view
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your review I am glad you enjoyed your stay and hope you will tell others , We are always updating with our rooms going to hardwood floors seems to be what our customers want they are our strive and now belong to the Normandie Family like you family is now. Thankyou and hope you will come see us again for a beach getaway.
Reviewed 31 May 2014

The room was clean and very nice. Could walk to boardwalk. Best views of ocean. About an hour from the Oxford Casino. Nice little coffee shop. The owners were very friendly and helpful. I would stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thankyou for your continued trust and loyalty to our establishment we strive to offer new thing and will continue to do so. Again thankyou for your stay and kind words.
Winslow, Maine
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stay year every year, in the same room....we gather here from all over New England with family, for our annual reunion. We have been coming here for over 15 years. Mike is wonderful. Great service, great area.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Thankyou for having the trust and loyality for so many years. My Mom and Dad startred the business and would be very proud that I kept on the tradition. Give people what they want a clean friendly place at a fair price and the will come over and over again. Thankyou from my family to yours for the kind words. Mike
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Last weekend my friend and I stayed in Old Orchard for the first time. I picked the Normandie because of the location and the indoor pool, and I'm so glad I did! The location was perfect, right on the beach and just a short walk from the shops and pier. The indoor pool was Jacuzzi were awesome also. The room was very clean. As a housekeeper myself, the first thing I do when I stay somewhere is check the cleanliness, and I was very impressed! If I ever come back to Old Orchard to stay again, I will definitely be back at the Notmandie! Thanks for a great stay!

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank AlexDZa
Michael B, Owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Our family and staff Thank you for giving us to serve your little getaway.We try to make everyone feel at home . Thank you for your kind words.