Let me first say, if you are looking for a fancy ritzy hotel with all the works, this is not it. But it was perfect for us! Our room was facing the water, and mere steps from the beach. The room was just what we needed; a place to sleep and get washed up while enjoying Old Orchard Beach. The room was very clean, and conveniently contained a fridge and microwave. We felt safe and loved being right on the water. Nothing quite like waking up to the sound of waves crashing 300 feet from your bedroom door. Check in and out was easy. Also conveniently located right before the sand is a snack shack, serving breakfast and COFFEE right outside your door (a little on the expensive side though)! I guess the only downsides were that our AC did nothing to cool the room (it was really humid the first day), but the breeze off the water helped anyway, and secondly the parking spaces are small.. it's sometimes difficult to get in and out of the car when the lot is full. But we managed :-).
The beach itself was fantastic- when the tide is out, there is a huge stretch of hard packed sand, giving a ton of room for relaxing or playing catch, or anything. The pier is visible, and in a 10 minute walking distance by sand or sidewalk. the strip has your usual beachwear selling stores, many places to pick up food, and the carnival on the other side.
Perhaps it's different in peak season (we went just before the first day of summer) but I never felt crowded at the beach, it was easy to get to and from everything, and it was nice having a parking spot and not worrying about it. The beach itself was very clean and had no strong odor. I loved getting up at the beach and seeing the sun set on the beach, and would definitely come back when we visit OOB again.
Thank you Normandie for a pleasant stay!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- At the Normandie,we would to think we create memories.If you are looking to make an impression.Ask us about our motel rooms with or without kitchens even Jacuzzi Rooms. Condo Apartments,Townhouses and Beach House that have 2-3-4 Bedrooms.New for 2014 BBQ area with Gas grills.Weather your looking to bring the family or just a romantic getaway to the Beach.Then stay with The Bouffard Family At the Normandie. Open Year Round ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Normandie Oceanfront Motor Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Normandie Oceanfront Hotel
- Normandie Oceanfront Motel
- Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn Old Orchard Beach, Maine