“A great place to bring the entire family, great beach, great pool, great service”

Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn
Ranked #3 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 20 July 2009

I have been vacationing at the Normandie for over 30 years. The Bouffard family has always done an excellent job providing a clean, friendly place. The changes Mike has completed updating the motel has enhanced the place. Nice pool, hot tub, snack bar and courteous, trustworthy staff have always been a big part of why I go there. It is more expensive to be right on the beach but it is worth every penny. Mike always makes it a great visit!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 July 2009

Every year my family gets together in OOB for a long weekend together....for the last 20 years we have been staying at the Normandie Inn. Mike and his family have been nothing but helpful in accommodating my family. The rooms are clean, the beach is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL. A good time is had by all and that is why we return every year. Thank you Mike and family for providing us with a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2009

I tried to reserve on July 4th weekend online. When I called 2 days later to find out, the guy answered the call was rude, who informed me multiple-day stay was required and did not confirm my reservation. So I booked at another hotel. Next week I found out that they charged me for deposit (almost $150!) for NO SHOW! The manager excused himself for not following up by calling me if I was coming, by saying many showed up very late, and that's why they did absolutely nothing till the following morning. All the first guy had to say was " yes, your reservation was confirmed and here is the confirmation # " This is a terribly managed inn. I would advise no one to go there.

Stayed: July 2009, travelled solo
MIKEBOUFFARD, MaNAGER at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2009

Hi,I would like to tell my side of the story so the people have not just one side. I personally talked to this person over the phone.This reservation was made on line and customer received her confirmation for the room via e mail more than 3 days before her arrival with a return receipt via e-mail.Our
policy like any hotel down at the beach.As into be nasty on the phone that is farthest from the ttruth . I have been running my family business for over 15 years. A confirmation is sent by mail oe e mail or if a customer call a does not have a confirmation it can looked up by there last name.As into being missed managed. This is a family business that has grown over the 40 years in business. And we try to do our best . If the person had the reservation confirmation then why would they need it again it would have been gladly been given.We did hold this reservation on the 4 th and the person never showed. I do believe that we were justified. And If she wanted to cancel would she not ask for a cancelltion # . I I sincerely apolgize. But I feel the deposit fpor the room is justifed. Thankyou

Reviewed 6 July 2009

We checked in and was told that we did not receive the room we requested. So the gentleman gave us 10% off and a extra day. The man was not able to give the credit on my card and asked me to talk to the owne's daughter would do the refund. When went to the room which was very small. Dead fly on the bathroom sink. Bed spreads and pillow cases had blood stains on them. I was told it was rust. 2 flat pillows per bed. I went to the office to see if she was able to do the refund for me and she did not know anything about it. So I had to go over the whole thing again with her. She asked me if I had my confirmation. All of the sudden the Rude owner comes and is yelling at me saying that we did not get the ocean front room because we added a day. At this time I just wanted my money back and I would go else where. He said no you are going to get what you wanted. So, then we had to move all of our stuff from one dump to the next. The new room at least was a little bigger. The bathroom door did not close unless you slammed it. The sink was plugged and had a crack in it and leaked on the floor. Wall's are paper thin and can hear everything. The best thing of all was when the maids came in to clean they would leave the door unlocked. We are lucky that nothing was stollen! They did warn us that if we cooked lobsters in the room they would charge us $75.00 for the smell. I had my sister check in as well and the room smelled like pot. We spent over a $1000.00 to stay in a hell hole!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
MIKEBOUFFARD, owner at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2009

This is to address the complaint about our motel. Unfortunately the manager/owner was not available upon this customers check-in.The person at the deskwas called in as an emergency fill in and we apolgized for any mix up he may have caused.He was helping us out do to a family emergency.If a person is unsatisfied with anything broken,not working or not cleaned to their standards . Most customers will call the front desk here or at any hotel for that matter,I know here the problem would be taken be rectified right away.We strive to make all our customers stay with us Stress Free and relaxing. Thou
sad to say "you can't please everyone but we give it 110 percent to try to do so

Reviewed 2 July 2009

Vacationer be warned!!!! This is one to avoid. The room had no ventillation, the most uncomfortable excuse for a mattress, plus the fact that my legs itched during all nite and I believe it was either sand fleas or even worse bed bugs!!! Very unsettling!! I will not recommend this place ever!!!!

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank onelove59
MIKEBOUFFARD, manager at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2009

Well i can tell you that I do not have bed bugs or sand flies. Wouldn't you come to the office or something.And Complain I know I would.I would like to know could the person have a rash from the starch or soap in the sheets.I would like to know of these things from my customers. I am an on hands owner not somebody running my business. As into No ventilation windows do open . I don't understand . Again I'd like to know.

Reviewed 17 May 2009

The hotel is in an ideal location, the beach was pristine. The parking lot is very small and it was a project getting in and out. The room had some nice new wood paneling, new paint and tile in the bathroom. The shower was nice. But the toilet was not flushed and there was a giant mess in it, GROSS! The furniture was mismatched and looked like it had been collected from various garage sales, 80's style. The matress was comfortable. Walls are paper thin...beachfront rooms open to a common porch shared by all rooms overlooking the beach. We sat out for about fifteen minutes during which there was a constant stream of smokers coming out on the porch to smoke (since there is no smoking in the rooms) so we smelled more smoke than ocean. There was what looked to be a very nice indoor pool and hot tub but we did not use it. There is a cute eatery/grill area right on the beach and the prices listed were very cheap. But for some reason was not open and we couldn't even get a cup of coffee in the morning! If the weather had been nicer it might have been worth it.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
MIKEBOUFFARD, Manager at Normandie Oceanfront Motor Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2009

I would like o say yes my parking lot is small . Oceanfront property is expensive but every car has a parking spot that is given and is your spot for the duration of your stay.As into the toilet not being flushed was never told. If it was like that I apoligize but due find it hard to believe,I would have like to have been told so I could address the situation with my staff.I do take very much pride in my family business.Our rooms do not have missed match furniture froma yard sale .As into non smoking rooms . Yes the smoke on there deck. I can not stop them from doing that they do have right as you do to enjoy the beach and there deck too. Morning Coffee is in the office till 7-01 then the grill cafe is open.In the off season the grill is open's Memorial Weekend and open Weekends till 9-15

Reviewed 3 September 2008

This was a last minute vacation, and we wanted to stay close to the beach. The Normandie Oceanfront fit this perfectly. We were so close to this beautiful stretch of beach that was clean, and enjoyable.

The rooms are not comparable to the Hilton, or a Marriott, but when you're at the beach who stays in the room ?? The rooms are somewhat small, but are kept very clean. The maid does a great job of cleaning (especially considering the amount of sand that is tracked in from the beach on a daily basis).

My family and I enjoyed our trip so much that we are already planning next years return to Normandie Oceanfront for a longer stay and maybe a larger room.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)