“The "Gem" in OOB” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #4 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Liverpool, New York
“The "Gem" in OOB”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have been coming to OOB at as often as possible since I was a babe in arms. Over the years, I have stayed in many, many places long E. Grand Ave. so trust me when I say that the Moontide is THE gem of OOB. Located on the beach side of the street, it is close to the heart of the town, yet far enough away to offer a quiet and peaceful setting; especially during the off season. All of the units are impeccably clean and comfortable offering a warm and cozy setting that immediately makes you feel at home on the most beautiful beach on the southern coast of Maine. I have stayed in the motel, kitchenette, and several of the apartments (4, 6, 7) at different times of the season (from late spring in May, during the heart of summer in July and August, to late summer in September) during different phases of my life (Years ago in the apartment units with my family when my children were younger and now as a great girls getaway weekend-for shopping, eating lobster, and lounging on the beach or at the pool with friends!). I just love it here and it is my #1 recommendation to anyone traveling to Maine. Jim and Donna are the best 'hosts' along this 7 mile coast! If you stay here once, you'll be back! I know I will! It's simply the best!

Room Tip: The motel with the kitchenette is a wonderful value. The sleeping spaces are separate which allows f...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank JeanneNY

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Sherbrooke, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

Wow, what a wonderful time we had when we stayed at the Moontide motel. We had room #5 and even though it was small a little ( for 3 adults) we absolutely love the cleanlyness and cozyness of that room. We were close to the beach ( no main street to cross), had everytyhing nearby for our convinience.We hardly used the car. On top of that the weather couldn't have been better...
Thank you owners and staff for making our stay VERY VERY enjoyable

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sergerry
Fall River, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

This was my very first vacation in Old Orchard Beach & I have to say Moodtide exceeded all my expectations. I stayed in cabin "D" which offered 2 full size beds, a nice sized fridge & freezer. a flat screen TV, microwave & most importantly free WiFi. Cabin was extremely clean, and staff was more than accommodating(My check in time was 3 pm and I arrived at 10:30 am and was allowed to park my car until my room was ready). Property is kept lovely with beautiful flowers and plants all around. Just steps from the beach and about a 10 minute walk to The Pier you can't beat the price. Plan on staying here again next year.

1 Thank Wendy N
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

We had a warm welcome when we arrived, everything was ready for us and well explained. They had BBQ that we could use anytime. We appreciated that very much. The cabin was clean and smelled wonderfull. The owners are always smilling and available for any needs. We had great weather and a great stay. I recommend Moontide very much. Close to the beach. Thanks for making our vacation wonderfull.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank cococool
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2013

Really happy to have found this motel. We had a regular room that included a good sized fridge, microwave, flat screen TV, windows that opened on two sides to let in fresh air, comfortable beds etc. Did I mention that this room, and the entire property, was ultra clean?! The location is also ideal; close to the beach and downtown, but not too close, and away from the train tracks! The owners are also very friendly and accommodating. Next time in OOB I will try their cabins. Thanks Jim, Donna and the staff for an enjoyable stay in OOB!

1 Thank legouge
Fredericton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Our daughter, my husband and I have just returned home from a week's stay at the Moontide for the second consecutive year. Our apartment was immaculate, nautically appointed and mere steps from 7 miles of sandy beach. The staff are efficient and friendly and our hosts engaging. My favourite part is the attention to detail both on the exterior and interior of the Moontide... our kitchen window overlooked a roof which was decorated with 3 pots of annuals-- morning glory and vincas nestled among driftwood... occasionally small birds enjoyed it as much as I. While wending her way to our porch, a friend compared the plant strewn walk way complete with a water fountain to a European alley way. Simply lovely! Thank you Donna & Jim. Hope to see you next year!

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Dedham, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

So glad we returned, and this time was for a great week in Cabin C! Jim and Donna run an immaculate place and are always ready if anything is needed. Being a 1/2 mile from Pier may seem far but it is a great spot to maintain some quiet and yet be less than 75 yards from water without crossing streets!!!......Simple but effective, kudos to The Harmons and their staff and hope to see them again soon!