“Another excellent visit :)”

Moontide Motel, Cabins and Apartments
Ranked #6 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Back at the Moontide again this year for a very happy week's holiday. I have to stop telling people how much I enjoy staying there because one year my favorite unit is not going to be available! The staff are wonderful, the location and cleanliness top notch as always, the value can't be beat, and the beach is a very short stroll away at the end of the dead end street. Looking forward to returning next year :).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Kate309

Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stayed with another couple this weekend and had such a great time. Donna and Jim and so sweet and gave us such a nice warm welcome. When we went to check in the room I couldn’t believe how clean it was. I have traveled to my fair share of hotel/motels and this was by far one of the cleanest room I’ve ever stayed on. The motel is so close to the beach and not a far distance to the pier. On Friday night it was raining so we went into the nice heated pool and it was clean and absolutely amazing! The next day was a very busy day for everyone (I guess because people were checking out and then in again) but the housekeeping made time to ask if we needed anything. Our car battery died later in the day (just my luck) and Jim took the time to help us with a jump-start and didn’t seem the least bit annoyed. Thanks Jim!! I did wish the office was open a bit more this weekend so we could have at least said goodbye. This is a great place and we will definitely be back next year!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheDersh
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed 4 nights at the Moontide Hotel and enjoyed the friendly hosts and the close beach very much. Beach was wide and clean. Cottage we stayed in was very vlean and well maintained. Wouldblove to return.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 June 2014 via mobile

Me and my wife went there for 4 days last week end and Donna and Jim the owners are so great !! The place is super clean (room,pool,motel) everything is top notch ! There's even bbq out there !! The motel is 50meter of the beach its exactly what we were looking for.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tsukasa101
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Very friendly service. Loved it very much will be back for shure. Stayed at other cabins in the area and these were the cleanest and closest to the beach.No need to find a place to park the car. Close to everything. Love it!!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I guess I thought this would be nicer than it was. I found the hotel (and Old Orchard Beach in general) to be a bit outdated, and the bed was way too soft. We stayed in a cabin and didn't realize it was right on such a busy street, so it was pretty loud. Not to mention the train! Yikes, I don't know how people can get used to that in the middle of the night but I guess you do. But our cabin was very clean, and the owner very nice. The beach is amazing, so I would stay there again for the location!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jennifer I
moontide1010, Owner at Moontide Motel, Cabins and Apartments, responded to this reviewResponded 30 March 2014

As owner of the Moontide property, I have to state that I am confused by the guests review. Perhaps your impression of Old Orchard Beach overall had an affect on our property as well. It is a quieter time of the season and you may have expected to see more going on after the Labor Day season had ended. I certainly feel you are entitled to your opinion of the area but must disagree with your assessment of our property.

Firstly, September traffic is virtually nonexistent compared to our peak season so I am very confused by your statement of staying on a "busy street". The mattresses are 2 years old which mean they have had 7 months of use overall. Perhaps, a pillow top mattress isn't for you.

The cabin kitchenettes have a rustic feel and that is why we don't describe them as cottages. They are freshly painted, have new siding , windows and doors, carpeting, renovated bathrooms, 2 fridges, a/c, stove. and flat screen tv's in both bedrooms and a wonderful outside, fenced in patio with table and chairs. The interior motif is a beach style theme. Photos on our website will attest to this description.

It is rare that we hear a comment about the train but I can understand your mention of it passing during the evening. However, it is once during the evening hours and we are across the street from the rail which runs behind other commercial properties.

I do disagree with the 3 star rating given for value. Based on all what I stated above and the fact that the cabin was immaculate and the owner service excellent, plus being 75 yards from a 7 mile beach, walking distance to the downtown area for shopping, dining and amenities and at a rate of $90 per night.....I find it hard to not think of this as an excellent value.

I was pleased to hear you say that you would stay with us again. We are always very careful when describing the cabins and their location when taking a reservation and answering questions over the phone. Should you choose to reserve with us again, please discuss with us prior to your arrival of any concerns you may have and we will certainly try our best to accommodate you as we do for all of our guests who stay with us. Jim

Reviewed 17 September 2013

I have been coming to OOB at as often as possible since I was a babe in arms. Over the years, I have stayed in many, many places long E. Grand Ave. so trust me when I say that the Moontide is THE gem of OOB. Located on the beach side of the street, it is close to the heart of the town, yet far enough away to offer a quiet and peaceful setting; especially during the off season. All of the units are impeccably clean and comfortable offering a warm and cozy setting that immediately makes you feel at home on the most beautiful beach on the southern coast of Maine. I have stayed in the motel, kitchenette, and several of the apartments (4, 6, 7) at different times of the season (from late spring in May, during the heart of summer in July and August, to late summer in September) during different phases of my life (Years ago in the apartment units with my family when my children were younger and now as a great girls getaway weekend-for shopping, eating lobster, and lounging on the beach or at the pool with friends!). I just love it here and it is my #1 recommendation to anyone traveling to Maine. Jim and Donna are the best 'hosts' along this 7 mile coast! If you stay here once, you'll be back! I know I will! It's simply the best!

Room Tip: The motel with the kitchenette is a wonderful value. The sleeping spaces are separate which allows f...