“Diamond in the Rough” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Boston
“Diamond in the Rough”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2013

This place is wonderful. We were in town for a quick weekend away. It was supposed to be a kid free weekend, but unfortunately our plans changed last minute. Leslie and Paul were very accommodating, moving us to a bigger room and even dealt with our late arrival with a friendly smile.
We stayed in room #9. We found it very clean and suited our needs just fine. The pool is great and even though we didn't take full advantage of it, being so close to the beach is a huge plus. You can tell that they take pride in the place. It is updated with nice trex decking and weather proof vinyl fencing - no worries about splinters in little feet here!
We would love to return to the Echo next summer, maybe in a cottage next time!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank goRedSox1

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Have just spent three days in awe from sunrise to sunset at the breathtaking views from the veranda of cottage Echo 3 set on a private beach overlooking the sea grass and public beach.
The cottage, a home away from home, was just so bright, airy, warm, comfortable, spotless and provided all the amenities one could wish for.
And Leslie to say the least is the perfect hostess.
We look forward to returning.
Suzanne and Johanne

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Lille
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2013

We are from northern Maine and found this years beach vacation wonderful, again, The Echo does not disappoint. We take room number 9, next to the pool, so we have instant access. Running from the pool to the ocean and back again thrills the kids. We also went to Aquaboggin on route 1 and found it is great for children who love the water.You can count on the Echo year after year providing the cleanest accomodations and this should put your mind at ease. The children love having their own beds. Be aware that these people clean. I read other reviews that comment on how clean this place is, but really, its unbelieveable. We will be back.

Room Tip: We don't take the kitchen units because there are so many good restaurants in the area but if yo...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Kingston, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

The Echo Motel was a hidden find in OOB. Very clean and well-maintained. We stayed in an efffiency which had all the typical feaures. The room had two twin beds in it. The convenience of having a 20 foot walk to the beach is always appealing. They have a heated pool as well. As pointed out previously, yes, the bathroom is small...but it is manageable. A good value for the money overall!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Orrington, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I will only stay at the Echo Motel as it is the cleanest motel in Old Orchard. The rooms are fine and it is on the beach side of the street. The owners are very friendly and treat you like family. They go out of their way to accommodate their guests. I have stayed at several other motels in Old Orchard and they do not compare to the Echo Motel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank SusanK55
Mechanicville N.y.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

I chose the Echo motel because of the reviews I read on trip advisor. I don't normally stay in motels so perhaps my expectations were higher than others but there were many positives. It was on the ocean, the owners seemed like really nice people, they were very easy to do business with and the rooms were clean. So for most of the things folks said about the echo I agree. The major thing that I did not like was the tiny (3 Ft. wide) bathroom. It looked very new and modern, the problem was it was tiny for a large man like me 6' 1" 280 and even for my 5' 2" 115 wife. You could literally sit on the toilet and rest your elbows on the sink if you so desired. I think when they remodeled the bathroom, at least in our room, they should have allocated 1 more foot of space. My wife had to get out of the shower to pick up the soap when she dropped it because the shower was so tiny. Since it was off season the rooms were only $80 a night so I thought about just eating my 2 night loss and moving to the Hampton Inn for the larger bathroom, but we just sucked it up and stayed. It was OK as I said its a motel and we don't normally do motels so perhaps all the others reviews were correct and I am wrong so take my review as my opinion only and as a guide to help you ask the right questions. I also noticed after we arrived that checkout is at 10 AM, it didn't bother me because I wanted to leave the echo quickly, but had the place been more to my liking I would have thought that was abnormal.

Room Tip: As about the size of bathrooms and understand check out is at 10AM
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank jjdfleet
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

I've been vacationing in OOB for the past 4 years, all four of them at the Echo Motel. I love it here! It is like vacationing in your own home. Paul and Leslie are amazing and extremely accommodating to their guests and treat them more like friends than customers. I would recommend Echo Motel to anyone. Staying at Echo Motel truly enhances your vacation experience!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family