“Top notch, beautiful place to stay. Very comfortble. I love how everything is so nice and CLEAN. Highly recommend.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Beachwood

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
The Beachwood
Ranked #3 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Newington, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

I have traveled to 47 of the 50 states, and been in more countries than I can count. This place is in the top five of places to stay. Very comfortable. A great deal for the money. Management shows a great effort at providing a great place, comfortable, clean and appealing.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Judy C

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 October 2013

While the rooms provide a kitchenette and easy access to the beach, the location and service cannot be recommended. Yes, it is a beach town with a carnival atmosphere, but the room is literally 30 yards from the roller coaster. I would not stay here in season. The housekeeping varied from good to poor depending on the day. If you are not familiar with the area, the front desk is absolutely no help with recommendations or directions. Your price for the room will vary and, like an airline, you may be paying significantly more than the people in the room next to you. Be careful when booking should you insist on staying here. I would not return.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Scupper N
Beachwood007, Owner at The Beachwood, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We are sorry that you didn't enjoy your trip and wish that we could have done more to meet your needs. We haven’t been able to place when you came and which room you stayed in. This information would help us to dig a little further into what went wrong and to make any needed corrections.

As you mention, we are very close to the amusement park, which is open during the height of the season and normally closes on Labor Day (September 2nd this year). We believe that our central location is one of the attributes that our guests appreciate most. All that the town has to offer, the beautiful beach, restaurants, entertainment and local shops are all within a short walk.

We do not price like the airlines. We have always set our price based on the time of year and type of room. Of course we may evolve in the future, but that’s just the way it’s always been. We don’t have any hidden surcharges and we offer quite a few extras for no charge (i.e.: beach chairs, umbrellas, popcorn, dvd’s, free on demand, free long distance phone calls and a generous selection of keurig pods to choose from).

Our Housekeeping staff is very well trained and their work is typically inspected by a supervisor. We do have some days that are busier than others, which may have affected the consistency of your service.

Our Front Desk staff is local, and they are always happy to research areas of interest for a guest. While we will be working to improve in this area, we’re confident that they made every effort to steer you in the right direction.

Please feel free to contact us with any other areas of concern from your visit. We are always looking to improve, and we’re disappointed that your stay went so poorly.

John & Shannon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

We planned a trip to OBB and figured to stay on the beach we would be subjected to overpriced tired rooms, well we were blown away when we arrived at The Beachwood, it was very well priced (88) a nite in last week of Sept, very clean and directly on the beach. They had a pool which was clean and warm. The rooms were clean and updated. I fully plan on returning to this great spot. You can walk to all major downtown sites very easily. Highly recommend it

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Wheelerg
Winnipeg, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

The title says it all about this amazing beachside hotel! Our room was very nice and clean. Lots of room! We had a good kitchen area with a stove, full size refrigerator, microwave and toaster. Dishes were provided (only thing I found lacking was that there were no pans to bake in, but we were able to get a package of pie pans at the grocery store that met our needs). The desk clerks we dealt with were friendly and helpful (Bree and I'm not sure the other young lady's name). The rooms have Keurig coffee makers and there are a variety of flavors of drinks for it available in the lobby. We were able to sit on the deck outside our room and enjoy our coffee and breakfast just overlooking the ocean! Although it was too cold to swim in the ocean, we were happy to have easy access to the beach just to walk there and one morning to get up to see the sunrise. We are hoping to return in a few years and will certainly try booking a room here again. Only disappointment was that there were problems with the pool so we weren't able to use it, but we were able to go in the hot tub.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Washington D.C. Metro Area
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Yes, it's a beach motel, and yes I did rate it as excellent, because it is. My husband and I spent 3 nights at The Beachwood, and if I had it to do over, we would have spent our entire Maine vacation right in this spot. Of course it was after Oct. 1, so it was off season and very inexpensive, but oh what a surprise when we saw our little efficiency suite! It's like the perfect little beach cottage! And since we had room 121, on the 2nd floor, and a private balcony that overlooked the beach front, what more could one ask, especially at around $100.00 a night! Everything about the place was wonderful. It was immaculately clean, the decor was very cute, the furnishings and the beds (one queen and one trundle) were nice..not five star linens, but the quilts were bright, comfortable and warm for those cool autumn Maine nights. I loved the kitchenette, and the small remote controlled heat pump (warm or cool air) above the bed, was a nice touch. The tv had dvr like capacity and was also very nice. I can't say enough about the large, incredible deck we had to ourselves, and fortunately, there was a warm, sunny front during our stay, so we enjoyed very warm days on the deck. I'm not usually a beach motel kinda girl, but the minute I laid eyes on our suite, I was in love. This is the cutest, the coziest, just the best place on any beach I've ever stayed. The place was very modern, and offered two hot tubs, a pool and even a laundry. If I go back to Maine, I will definitely stay there again. Off season, it's very quiet and completely charming. I'm sure all the rooms are equally as nice. Several windows, all with wood blinds..it's just a beautiful little place.

Room Tip: Ask for the 2nd floor, and get a room with a private or even a shared deck overlooking the ocean. I...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Rhinebeck, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I wanted to get away for our anniversary. I googled Maine and this hotel popped up. I am so happy we chose this place. The rooms are very clean and a nice size with a kitchenette. We came to get away from it all and to relax and we were able to do that. The staff are amazing. I had an issue with a credit card and Bri went above and beyond to help me straighten it out. The whole stay she was there for any assistance we needed. Kyle was great at check in, showing us where our parking spot was and where our room was, where the hot tub was and told us about the dvd free rental and the coffee. We are hoping to go back next year for our 10 year anniversary. Would definitely recommend this hotel to all.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Haverhill, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

My mother, aunt, sister and I had the pleasure of staying at the Beachwood on October 5th. We found the rooms immaculate and nicely decorated. The owner and staff were very friendly and accommodating. Even though it was a cold dreary weekend, the bright and cheery rooms made the stay all the more pleasant. It is located right near the center and pier. Hoss and Mary's Grub is right next door. It is also walking distance from the train station for those of you, like us, who may chose to have someone else do the driving. I can only imagine how wonderful it would be to stay here during warmer weather. I definitely recommend this motel and plan on taking Amtrak as soon as the service resumes in the spring for a quick getaway.

Room Tip: No fitness center or restaurant, but it is walking distance to a variety of restaurants. It has a po...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family