All reviews beach chairs beachwood motel amusement park heated pool keurig coffee maker off season place to stay ocean front few steps families with kids never stay anywhere else old orchard a great stay palace playland pots pans labor day weekend clean rooms
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Couldn't have been more happy with our stay - this is definitely our new hotel for future stays in OOB - we had to switch hotels during our stay this time becuz the Beachwood didn't have another night available ( we booked last minute) and the other hotel was terrible compared to the Beachwood and we paid almost the same
price!!! Rooms are clean and uptodate - pool and hot tubs were perfect and grounds were fabulous ! Don't hesitate to stay here...

Date of stay: August 2014
2  Thank CB2728
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have been to the Beachwood many time and will keep going back.The Beachwood is a home away from home! The staff and owners are always smiling and happy to help. Rooms are all renovated and clean and location is perfect.
I can't wait to go back!
Make sure you book early as it is always full.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Isabou29
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

After spending a week on Deer Isle a Maine I decided to stay here for 4 nights before returning home. It was wonderful. I came the last week of the season so there were few people here as I do not have children and not have wanted to be here during peak season.
I spent the extra money to be ocean front with a shared balcony/deck and it was fantastic. If I were there during the day I would sit out on the deck or lay inside with my door open and listen to the waves crash in. At night I would sit out and listen to the waves and watch the stars. Perfect Location. The staff were very friendly and helpful, it's a great location because you can explore up and down the coast and yet come back to a nice place on the ocean. The rooms are small but equipped with everything you need.

Date of stay: October 2013
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank 394ss
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We choose The Beachwood because of the good reviews on Tripadvisor.
Our room was a Queen unit on the main floor.
Nice unit,kindda small but up to date with all amenities including equipped kitchenette.
Downside, I HATE the carpet. It was sorta smelly in the room.
I tried to change rooms but I was told all rooms were booked :(
Excellent location, right on the beach. Chairs and towels are provided.
The pool and 2 hot tubs are nice,clean and well maintained.
Downside the pool is located right outside most rooms as it’s in the middle making it NOISY.
If I were to stay again I would ask for a unit with the nice tiled floor,something on the second floor and on one of the ends farthest from the pool.
Don’t forget your earplugs if you wish to go to bed early or sleep in.

Room tip: Request a room with a tiled floor,as the units with carpet can be smelly.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christa T
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We recently spent Father's Day weekend at The Beachwood, our second time staying here. We had a Queen/2 twin Ocean View room. The room is very clean, modern and comfortable. It feels spacious for our family of 2 adults and 1 child with the layout of the trundle twins.
The heated pool and hot tubs are fantastic and perfect considering we didn't have great weather. We travelled with 3 other families and all the kids had a great time in the pools and hot tubs. The motel is right on the beach. Perfect spot for a quiet morning coffee (free in the rooms and reception). They provide free beach chairs which you can grab from the shed by the beach. All the staff were very helpful and friendly. We will be staying here again!

Room tip: The Queen/2 twin rooms are nicer with tile floors rather than the 2x queen rooms that have carpet.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family