“Spotless great view”
Review of The Beach House

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
The Beach House
Ranked #1 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
“Spotless great view”
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

We had a great time at the beach house. Our room was perfect and view superb. Anne Marie was wonderful and even went out of her way to help us when our son cut his foot on the beach!! She saved the day with a stroller for the rest of our stay. Highly recommend this hotel

Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Danielle K

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Atlanta
Reviewed 11 June 2014

This motel is for beach people. It sits right on the sand with uninterrupted views of the sea. Location, location, location.

For me, however, the best part about this place is Mark who is absolutely the friendliest, most accommodating manager I’ve ever encountered. He takes pride in the property and makes the place very special.

Does this motel rate a 5 compared with a hotel like the Ritz-Carlton? No. But does it get a high rating compared to other lodgings in Old Orchard Beach? Yes. (I gave it a 4 because of the compactness of our suite. Otherwise it was quite nice.)

Don’t expect a luxury hotel with robes and slippers and chocolates on your pillows every night.

But DO expect very clean rooms with cute decor plus lots of fluffy towels, probably a kitchenette, great views, great service and only a few steps to beach.

The rooms are inexpensive and you get very good value for your money at The Beach House. We enjoyed our brief time there.

1 Thank SusanAtlanta
Long Island, NY
Reviewed 28 May 2014

When we pulled into the parking lot, Mary Ellen and Mark (the managers) came out and greeted us by name. A very warm welcome indeed. They then showed us to our rooms and offered restaurant advice and made themselves available for whatever we needed. I have never seen such warm hosts. We assumed they were the owners, but no, they were simply the managers who treated us as if they were in fact the owners. The motel sits right on the beach. We were in a first floor unit, which had direct access to a nice patio and then the beach. Second floor units have nicer views, but beach access is slightly less convenient. My only suggestion would be to offer BBQ grills on the patio for guests to use. I know it is a hassle to clean up after, but I think they would be used often. Rooms were clean, well-appointed and comfortable beds. I don't see how anyone could be disappointed in the accomodations. The motel is a 5 minute walk to the pier, so close enough but also far away from the action/noise. Our room was slightly on the small side, but more than enough for a 2-night stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RRHHLongIsland_NY
Dover, New Hampshire
Reviewed 22 May 2014

We just returned from a 2-night anniversary stay just before the peak season began. The innkeepers were so wonderful - I just cannot say enough about them! They warmly greeted us and personally showed us to and around our room. We got dining recommendations and bits of helpful information about the area and we could have stayed and chatted with them for hours.
The room was very spacious and comfortable and we had a wonderful deck overlooking the beach (did I mention the place is as close to the beach as you could possibly get??)
It was our first time staying in OOB and definitely will not be our last. But we will always be staying at the Beach House!! We can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 11 and loved it.
2 Thank Cyndie P
Portsmouth, New Hampshire
Reviewed 8 May 2014

Stayed for one night at the beginning of May before the busy season. The room had a beautiful porch with a view of the entire beach. We were greeted by the owners and they personally showed us around our room. They were excited to talk about the area and recommended several nice attractions. Great customer service and an overall awesome experience!

Room Tip: Ask for a second floor room to get the private porch
4 Thank Casey H
Somerville, Massachusetts
Reviewed 19 March 2014

My wife and I have stayed at four different hotel/motel/inns on Old Orchard Beach over the past decade and I stopped looking when I got to the Beach House. It's just yards from the ocean and the hotel is designed so you feel that close wherever you are. It's impeccably clean and Anne-Marie and Mark are the perfect hosts, friendly and helpful but never intrusive. And the prices are tres reasonable.The kitchenettes are like home. You can cook a meal and then sit in the front room and watch the sunrise in the morning and, of course, the moon at night. Lovely experience. I go there at least twice a year, sometimes with my wife, sometimes just to be alone. My latest trip was just a bit ago in March.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank 303AlexanderS
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 27 December 2013

My wife and I decided to visit OOB for our 30th anniversary this past May. The last time I had stayed was during the summer in university days. Wow! Either my memory is faulty or my tastes have changed. There was very little to recommend it, except for the Beach House! In early May, there were very few restos or shops open (and those that were were chintzy) and we had to hunt for places to eat.
But to return to our hotel, it was superb! We loved being able to open our patio doors (second floor) and see, hear and feel the ocean, being only metres away (depending on the tide). My darling wife who likes to sleep in was up just before the sun to see it come up and then to begin her search for 'treasures' that the waves had left just for her. Even though the hosts left for a few days, we did meet Mark and Anne-Marie, who were most kind. And Anne-Marie was able to speak French with these two Quebecers.
If you like the ocean and that is the main reason for going, then the Beach House will be the place for you. However, its too bad that you can't transport this great hotel to another location on the Atlantic coast.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple