“I like this hotel a lot”

The Copley LaReine Motel
Ranked #25 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 13 February 2013

The hotel is older and somewhat outdated but still my favorite place to stay. The rooms are huge. I like the porch on the beach side. It is an easy walk to the action. I have stayed at probably five other hotels and this is my choice for the above reasons

• Stayed: July 2012
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 17 September 2012

This place has gone way downhill from it's glory days of the 60s and 70s. Besides being old, rundown, smelly and dirty, the manager (owner?) is rude and obnoxious. There is no reason to believe the owners care about their guests, only their money... NEVER again for our family....

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Gary G
Copley_LaReine, Guest Relations Manager at The Copley LaReine Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2013

Gary, we are sorry you did not enjoy your stay at the Copley LaReine Motel. We take great pride in our facility and go to great lengths to ensure our customers are satisfied with their experience. Our faculty is equipped with many modern amenities including high speed wireless internet, 32 inch wall mounted flat screen televisions, Climate control, Direct dial phones with free local calls, Fully Equipped Kitchens, a Guest Laundry as well as a secure, well-lit parking area to name a few. In addition, our rooms are thoroughly cleaned and inspected daily. We hope next time you’re in Old Orchard Beach you will reconsider the Copley LaReine Motel.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

Just returned home from second trip of three night stays this summer. Perfect location. Manager Paul is excellent. Very helpful and always on site. In response to Samantha7677, I can say manager is considerate of all guests and keeps clean and orderly premises. He respects guests privacy and is considerate of childrens behavior but not to giving them free reign to disrupt the other guests. Can't wait to go back.

Room Tip: Any ocean front room. Coply has small kitchen range.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank William P
Reviewed 12 August 2012

This was our first Family vacation with a 3year old and 4 mos. old. It was about 7:30 the night we got there the second family of our party finally arrived who also have a 3 year old and 2 year old and after driving 4.5 hours to get there the kids were excited to see each other so as you can imagine there was some noise and on a fair scale some light excitment on their part. HOWEVER... It didn't warrent the front desk manager to come speak to us. So he came to our door and told us that "this cannot happen" They can't be running around and making noise because he would get all sorts of complaints. He then said that normally the don't put young kids upstairs but the ones that he does don't make much noise. I continued to remind him that when we reserved our rooms he knew that we had young children and if it was a concern of his then he should have mentioned that they were not a kid friendly motel. He then said that if we couldn't control them then he would give us a full refund and we could go somewhere else for our stay. So at 7:30pm on a Friday night with 4 young children and one that was 4mos old we were told that our kid essentially couldn't make any noise and we had to have them tip toe around,or we were going to have to find a new hotel during peak season on Old Orchard Beach. I can honestly see that he was being proactive, trying to avoid having complaints later on but I took this very insultingly! I felt that he was under the impression that we wouldn't be respectful of the other visitors staying at the hotel during the night time hours, which is far from the truth. Our room was not too far from the office where he was located so of course any pitter patter of little feet must have been annoying to him. So I Strongly suggest that if you are considering staying here exspecially with children that you think twice! You know when your on vacation you want to be relaxed and comfortable and as should your children but this was completely not the case. Again I want to mention that I am a very fair and honest person and if my kids were being abnoxious and loud I wouldn't have had a problem with him talking with us about it but they were far from this. So I started my vacation hurt, insulted and aggrevated by a man that has no patients and understanding and obviously no children. (oh yeah and if we were noisy at 7:30pm what about the music, noise and chaos at 10:30 after our family is trying to sleep!! not fair at all!).
As far as the rooms go they were ok, the beds sunk in the middle, the AC not controllable (set at 66 only) and in my sisters room the AC didn't cool the room down. Also the rooms did have Kureg machine but no where was there Kureg cups or coffee cups to drink your coffee. I also want to mention that I don't typically write reviews but I was so hurt and insutled by this man that I felt the need to share our experience with as many people as I can. Overall our experience was not pleasent at all and I am very sorry that I waisted $420 (for 2nights land side) of our families hard earned money and gave it to such an unpleasant man!

Room Tip: No pool, no restaurant, only 1 soda vending machine and I don't know if it even worked. Only goo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank Samantha7677

The Copley LaReine Motel prides itself on being a family destination for children and adults of all ages. We simply ask all our guests to be respectful of those around them and we work proactively with all guests in order to insure all parties are happy with their arrangements.

Reviewed 29 July 2012

My recent stay at the Copley-LaReine was excellent. The location and room were perfect. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I had an ocean room view and it was amazing. It is a very short walk to the pier and down town festivities’. The fireworks on Thursday night were a bonus. I could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Clarinda T
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Ok if you don't have a toddler crawling around on the floor or for couples this may be a good buy. We used to go here with the kids and moved on to a better place... Which I won't mention, but towels were washed, sheets were clean, can't beat the location, but it was old, slightly smelly , sleep with your windows open, hahah

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Courtney R
Reviewed 24 July 2012

The Copley LaReine motel has a fantastic location - right on the beach and a few minutes walking distance to all of the attractions. We had a room facing the ocean, the view was really spectacular and the beach was mere steps away. .

The room itself however, was not great. It was not very clean, everything was old and the bathroom was quite gross. It was all tolerable for one night, but at almost $200 it was quite disappointing. Many of the other motels in the area had pools and other amenities for the same price. In the future, we would probably take cleanliness and amenities over beach proximity.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple