“Despicable motel and staff. Do not stay here! You could get robbed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Concorde

The Concorde
Ranked #28 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Ottawa, Canada
“Despicable motel and staff. Do not stay here! You could get robbed!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

I stayed here on a shopping trip with my family and had my brand new shirts stolen from me at the motel room while I was out. It must have been the housekeeping staff who went into my bags and stole my brand new shirts worth $100 and also took the receipt that was at the bottom of my bags, probably to go and exchange them for cash or store credit. When my family confronted the manager, she did absolutely nothing to rectify the situation and she denied that her staff would do such a thing. So much for customer service! Aside from this, the motel is very small, far from the beach, the pier, restaurants and all other attractions. I would NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
medford,ma
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2010

i stayed here with my boyfriend and 3 kids. The place was very clean and it was a 5 minute walk from the beach. The walk to the amusement park was about 20 minutes. it was a one bedroom, but the bedroom was tiny. It did have a kitchen area but it was way too small for all of us. My friend had a regular room and had more room.

• Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank devjaychris
Lexington, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2009

My friend made a reservation for herself and then reserved rooms with the owner. We each had to call in to make a reservation....I called she said" I talked it over with my husband and we decided not to do it and just hung up!!! She was the rudest person I have ever had to deal with.....and I am in the Hospitality Industry.
If you are thinking of trying to find a place in Old Orchard beach.....look for another place!!!!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 August 2007

This a lovely motel, immaculate, with a very friendly and helpful staff. There is a pool and a hot tub for everyone's enjoyment, both of which never seem to get crowded. Claire, one of the owners is kind and very helpful. The location is very close to the beach, making it easy to move back and forth during the day, if necessary.
I just love the beach at Old Orchard. You can get great waves and conditions for body surfing, boogie boarding and then skim boarding all in the same day. It is a comfortable walk to the downtown Pier area with an Amusement park and arcades right off of the beach, a major plus for my 11 year old son.
Also there are great great activities in the area, kayaking, fishing trips and for my son, indoor go-kart racing at Maine Indoor Karting in Scarborough, a 20 minute drive away. Portland is a 30 minute trip and L.L.Bean is about 45 minutes away in Freeport , a great place to shop. I definitely plan on returning!

• Liked — its location to the beach
  • Disliked — the 1 bedroom suite seemd a bit small at first, but was workable
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mugglemom
Quebec
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2007

The Concorde at 136 West Grand Avenue in Old Orchard Beach is a quiet motel at the outskirt of the town, just where it meets with Ocean Park. It offers townhouses, suites and a couple of rooms. The owners speak both French and English. In the past, I have stayed there with my family in one of the suites consisting of a small bedroom with a double bed (mattress of average comfort), a living room and kitchen combined, and a bathroom. Everything has always been nice and clean.

In July, my friend and I decided to go to the beach for 3 days in August. We called the motel and reserved the bedroom, situated on top of the main office, with two twin beds but no kitchenette. A fridge was available however. Price: $100/night. Although promised a confirmation letter, we never got one even though we phoned again to remind them. The first night was charged to one of our credit cards within days, a common practice in the area. We checked in at 1:00 p.m. and paid the balance of the bill on arrival. The room was spacious, clean, and pretty too. It came with air conditioning and a large ceiling fan. The bathroom was quite nice, with glass doors in the bathtub instead of the usual curtains. The refrigerator was small but in good order. A decent television was available but no phone, radio/clock, blow-dryer, and ironing board were in sight. The spring mattresses were ok but no more. Housekeeping was done every day. Check-out was at 10 a.m.

The beach was a 4-minute walk away (across the main street and up the side street). We were able to borrow a couple of beach chairs from the motel every morning (on a first come, first served basis). A pool, a jacuzzi, barbecues and picnic tables were also at the disposal of the guests.

Overall, we were quite satisfied. Even though we had no kitchenette, thanks to the fridge, we were able to “survive” for a couple of days on the food we had brought for breakfast and a couple of cold meals. The only problem came from the night and early morning traffic as the room gave directly on the street. After all, it is the beach and people on holiday will go to bed late sometimes. Recommendation: wear earplugs if you are sensitive to noise. I did and slept very well.

Some of the activities we did while in the area:
- Mini-golfing at the Pirate’s Cove ($8/adult). Look for coupons in flyers. A good mini-golf that offers two courses, one slightly more difficult than the other. (10-minute walk).
- Browsing in the stores in downtown Old Orchard. Typical tourist traps although improvements are visible in some places (10-15 minute walk).
- Eating ice cream at Len Libby Candies at 419 Route 1, Scaborough (15-minute drive). Great ice cream. Excellent caramels (in small cubes). The chocolate moose and cubs are worth a visit.
- Eating frozen custard at Classic Custard (besides Classic Convertibles) at the entrance of Freeport (35-minute drive ). Take exit 17 towards the town and it will be on your left about a mile after. The dessert is very rich and creamy. A small cone cost $1.89.
- Shopping at the Maine Mall (15-20 minute drive) and in Freeport (35 minutes away. Bring $1.80 for tolls).
- Seeing a movie at the Cinemagic Theatre on Route 1. (15-minute drive). $8.50/adult.
- Eating seafood at The Wormwood (16 Bay Avenue, Saco—Camp Ellis; a 10-minute drive). From the motel, head towards Ocean Park. At the stop, continue straight ahead. The road’s name changes to Seaside Avenue (#9). Keep to your left when the road splits in two. Follow the signs. The food was decent and not too expensive (less than $20 each for a main plate (from the light menu) and a glass of wine. The buns were very good.

• Liked — The twin beds--great for two friends!
  • Disliked — No microwave or toaster oven in the room.
  • Stayed August 2007, travelled with friends