“Very Clean, Great Hospitality, Close to Beach”
Review of The Concorde

The Concorde
Ranked #27 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Albany, New York
“Very Clean, Great Hospitality, Close to Beach”
Reviewed 27 September 2010

My husband and I were greeted by Claire and shown to one of her newly renovated rooms. The entire property was immaculate, well cared-for and contained lots of great details (wine glasses and bottle opener on top of mini-fridge). The Concorde was also located very close to the beach and had a nice pool and hot tub for when we returned from the ocean.

Claire is a wealth of local information and is a pleasure to do business with. We look forward to returning next year.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Elizabeth-Albany-NY

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
East Randolph, Vermont
Reviewed 12 September 2010

Don't Believe Spiteful New Hampshire Review... I happen to know that this person was consistently disturbing ALL other guests; would not correct behavior when asked; was finally asked to leave; and then made up this spiteful review to retaliate. DON’T BELIEVE IT… CLAIRE IS AN ANGEL.

Rescued Us… We started out our trip in another location, which coincidently also had unruly guests, but unlike Claire at the Concorde, that proprietor didn’t take care of the problem. We had to leave, and on very short notice (5 minutes) Claire put us right into her last available room; let us check in at 9 a.m.; and couldn’t have been more accommodating or sweet. We have never been treated as grandly as we were at the Concorde, which was heaven to us on the heels of such a negative experience at the other place we stayed in Old Orchard.

Immaculate ... We go to Old Orchard Beach every summer. My wife is a clean freak and is never happy with the lack of cleanliness we have found in the places we have stayed, and so we keep trying new ones. We have found the place we now love in the Concorde, the only one which meats my wife’s standards for cleanliness.

The Perfect Stay… Claire and Paul have owned the Concorde for (if I remember right) about 30 years. It is more than obvious that they take pride in what they do by the cleanliness of the rooms, fairness of the prices, the way they treat you and how accommodating they are. We have finally found the Old Orchard Beach motel we will return to year after year. We loved this place.

Dan Hostetter, East Randolph, Vermont

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Dan_of_Vermont
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I have been staying at Claire & Paul Verreault’s The Concorde since 1987. Over those years, sound maintenance, replacement and upgrade policies have kept The Concorde exactly what it was when it first opened: modern, clean, extremely quiet, and ideal for families – including Salvation Army executives during their annual convention – who return year after year.

A 5 minute walk takes you to the middle of the beach, 10-15 to the town centre and amusements; serious shopping is within short drives. Earlier and earlier reservations have become necessary, well back into winter.

Nothing is perfect, but what needs fixing gets done fast.

The Verreaults sure as hell are doing something right!!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lobstereater
Saint John, Canada
Reviewed 5 September 2010

I travelled with my husband and sister and brother-in-law and stayed in one of the townhouses at The Concorde with which we were more than pleased. The accomodations were very clean and roomy and within walking distance of the beach which is what we were looking for. We had the use of a grill and picnic table on our own patio. There is also a pool and hot tub for guests to use which was always sparkling clean. I found the owner Claire very accommodating and pleasant and hope to return there again. I would certainly recommend The Concorde to anyone.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank cathy46
Sherbrooke, Canada
Reviewed 31 August 2010

Often the reviews on sites like these are unfavorable because people tend to post the negative more often than the positive. So I wanted to share our positive review with everyone. We just returned yesterday from OOB after a terrific stay at the Concorde Motel. We (my husband and I and our two children) went on vacation with my parents and my in-laws. My mother in law was extremely happy with the cleanliness of the room and the whole premises(and she can be quite picky). The rooms were large and bright. As well, we had access to a barbecue and picnic tables on the lawn that allowed us to sit altogether and eat our meals. All of us found Claire and her husband(the owners),to be very accommodating and pleasant. The housekeeping staff was friendly and left our rooms spotless everyday. But what I will remember most about our stay is the phone call that we received from Claire, saying that my camera had been left behind and she would be mailing it right away. All of my vacation pictures with my family are on that camera and I would have been very sad and upset if I had lost it. So I would just like to say a huge Thank You to Claire for the wonderful stay in her motel and for making our family holiday memorable. We will be back!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank J0kk0
Lisbon, New Hampshire
Reviewed 30 July 2010

I called to make reservations for July 24 through July 30th and was told by Claire, one of the owners, that we could have the "guest room" at a reduced rate. The motel was were basically booked, but, from her description, she had a room above the office that she would rent at a lesser rate.. We checked in and found that we were given a different room at $30.00 per night more. We took it. Everything else was booked and Claire advised me: "I am not perfect. I make mistakes". I accepted that. She said other guests trying to register asked to use her bathroom and she told them: "You should have gone before you left". I thought that relatively harsh considering that these were paying guests that she was speaking to. Two days later, Claire was summoned by housekeeping because my boyfriend accidentally spilled some orange soda beside the bed which, apparently, left soda on the comforter. It went from that to being asked to leave because of water damage on a bureau. I was appalled, crying and in total disbelief. We saw families with small children in and out of rooms, certainly spilling things accidentally, but we were being asked to leave? She then said she would think about it and let us know. She met us later with a rather inhospitable attitude, and advised us that we would be allowed to stay, but that we would be inspected daily. I am not accustomed to being treated this way. I told her if she wanted us to leave, refund our money. She came back with a credit card voucher which we could not use for four days. I have stayed many years at motels in Old Orchard Beach: The Edgewater, Crest, Sandpiper, etc., that I would certainly recommend, not only because of the quality of the motel, but the hospitality given to us. How can one enjoy a vacation under these terms? I fought for the remainder of the week to receive a credit for our stay. Did it ruin our vacation? Not entirely, but it certainly made it less than what we would have anticipated. I expect to be treated as I treat others. This was a terrible, terrible experience.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank diane8916
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 27 June 2010

I stayed here on a shopping trip with my family and had my brand new shirts stolen from me at the motel room while I was out. It must have been the housekeeping staff who went into my bags and stole my brand new shirts worth $100 and also took the receipt that was at the bottom of my bags, probably to go and exchange them for cash or store credit. When my family confronted the manager, she did absolutely nothing to rectify the situation and she denied that her staff would do such a thing. So much for customer service! Aside from this, the motel is very small, far from the beach, the pier, restaurants and all other attractions. I would NEVER stay here again!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family