“Would return for another stay”
Review of Atlantis Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
Atlantis Motel
Ranked #28 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 6 August 2012

Conviently located -- 1/2 mile from Pier. Units are clean -- right on the beach. Outdoor pool. Staff are friendly and helpful. Parking is tight. I would return and stay here again. The beach is a 1 minute walk - ocean & beach is clean. BBQ and outside tables are available for use. Free coffee in the mornings. Internet is sometimes slow.

Room Tip: no onsite restaurant. Kitchenettes are great.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends

Reviewed 22 July 2012

My husband & I had been to OOB many yrs ago with very good friends, & stayed in a cabin for a week..It was the 4 of us, & we didn't care for the place we stayed, so we didn't go back there..About 6 yrs ago we decided to come back to OOB in July for our Anniversary. We did not have a reservation anywhere, & I was quite concerned about that. When we arrived in OOB there was a horrible storm going on..Thunder, lightening & pouring rain. I'm getting in & out of the car going into different hotels/motels, & was not liking what I was seeing. I was soaking wet,& had enough of running in & out of the car looking for a place to stay. As we were coming down East Grand St, I said to my Husband, pull in here, & if there are no vacancies, or if I don't like it, we're turning around & going back home. The manager Lisa, couldn't have been more kinder & very sympathetic to me, as by now I looked like I had jumped in the Ocean fully clothed!! I had a pair of flip flops on that I had purchased in Hawaii a few yrs before, & I was so afraid they were going to fall apart, as they were so saturated..They didn't! Lisa showed me several rooms, & we've been coming back every yr, which started out as a few days the first yr, then to a full wk, & now we're up to 2 wks! Me & my lucky flip flops have found a new family, Lisa, the property manager (owner), Francine & Robert,( Husband & Wife,) who do a wonderful job maintaining the premises & are there for your every need, & always so willing to help with anything, & there are Lisa's Mom & Dad Joe & Anita, & her Sister Missy, who manages the Sea Drift Motel across the street from the Atlantis Motel. What a wonderful family! We love them all dearly, & wouldn't stay any other place than right here!! The staff is very friendly, & if you need something, anything, extra blankets, pillows, etc, they are more than willing to get whatever you need.The rooms are very clean, & the best thing is, the Atlantis is on the beach! Wonderful for me, as I LOVE the beach! Thank you again Lisa, & staff for another memorable vacation, & we're so looking forward to seeing you again, along with my "Lucky Flip Flops"!! Even when they finally fall apart, they will be coming here with me, always! Francine & Robert, we love you dearly, & we'll miss you so very much! God Bless everyone, & we'll see you next July! Have a wonderful Winter, Lisa! Love you!! I forgot to write something!! My Son & his family stayed with us the 2nd yr we were here, & now they also come every yr, but they book their own room!!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank weeds1122
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Over memorial day weekend we swung into the Atlantis on a whim to check the rates for the cute ocean front motel. The price could not be beat so we decided to stay the night. This owner run motel is cute, clean, affordable and directly on the beach. The owner was super nice and went out of his way to show us around for a longer stay we are planning later in the summer. I would reccomend this place to anyone looking for a place to stay in OOB.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank sandsdreamr
Reviewed 23 August 2011

Clean room at the right price at the right place, very convenient for families, great access to the beach. Room was small but functional, if we needed anything, the staff was very receptive to our needs and were quick to respond. Overall, very satisfied with everthing, probably would go back.

Room Tip: The walls are paper-thin, so I would suggest to sleep with the fan on, so you can buffer some of the...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank SherbrookeBob
Reviewed 22 August 2011

The Atlantis is a charming motel right on a beautiful stretch of Old Orchard Beach and is staffed by friendly people who have all sorts of helpful suggestions about the area. The housekeeping staff is speedy -- your room or unit gets cleaned in no time flat; we were able to check in quite early.
Many of the units have a separate smaller bedroom, thus allowing for some privacy. A large fridge and microwave are provided as well as dishes and flatware (no burner or toaster though). Room is spotless. Shower has great water pressure, but guests will need to bring their own shampoo and lotions.
Now, here is just the one drawback ..... while there is a large slider that functions as a door and there is a window with A.C. unit in the back bedroom, there are no screens! (the exception are a few apts on the second floor in another building). This means that while it is fine to keep the slider open during the day, one cannot take advantages of the marvelous cool ocean breezes while sleeping. It is necessary to run the air condtioner. The bathroom window is very small -- that does not permit enough air into the unit. The owners must be losing a great deal of money on electricity because guests have to run the AC at night since they can't leave the slider wide open.
Other than that, we LOVED the place. If the management were to put screens in the sliders we will return.

Room Tip: Ask for one of the very few units which have screens so that you can catch the ocean breezes at nigh...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank We'reReady!!
Reviewed 15 August 2011

Was worried when booking cause there were no real recent reviews. I was thrilled that this place did not have a 2 night minimum booking this time of the year like every where else. I was very happy with the location & the room. It is right on the beach. The room was very clean. Towels are very small & there was a paper mat for the shower. The water pressure for the shower was great. I had an issue with getting hot water in the evening while everyone was probably showering to get ready to go out to dinner but in the morning it was super hot. Also liked that check in time was at 10:30am where allot of places are much later. I was on the second floor & the view from the balcony was beautiful. It is a short walk to the pier for shopping & restaurants. Very clean beach.... not much for seaweed & not rocky at all for walking. The is a train that comes through by the pier area & since this hotel is only about a mile away you do hear it quite often. I have to say the only issue I had here was a group of rude drunk people that happen to be staying there. Very late at night they were sitting at the patio tables in the parking lot area near my room & did not have any care or concern for the people who were trying to sleep in the motel. Other than that I did really enjoy the place & the cleanliness & location. I wouldn't think twice about booking another stay at the Atlantis :)

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PrincessMommy306
Reviewed 24 August 2010

Just got back from another wonderful vacation in Old Orchard Beach! The Atlantis Motel was once again a real pleasure to stay in and made our trip memorable for the third year! Thanks Lisa, Francine, Bob and the rest of staff! See you next year!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with family