“Great owner and service, poor cleanliness”
Review of Inn at Soho Square

Inn at Soho Square
Inn at Soho Square
Ranked #34 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Was able to get a full week at last minute, Everywhere was full was that good or not? The owner was really nice and gave me a room that could access Internet easily BUT had a bad connection anyway... sometimes I couldnt log at all or it was cutting, took 45min to open a page,etc. He gave me another code and then it worked fine... why not give us 2 codes right away?... anyways... The room: broken lamp, old beds, very needy in deco and paint, a big refresh, the floor had 2 big holes in it covered with the carpet, but we where stepping on it every time... a spider web on the seeling, a little humid but its by the beach so.... now that bathroom argggggg!!! Even tough they had put the little paper strap around it to proove that it asn't been used, there was pee underneat the toilet seat!!!!! My boyfriend had to clean it, it was so discusthing! Under the ring of the bowl (where the water comes out) it was black of mole or something else... it was so dirty discutting! Inside the shower curting it was dirty with black smears, dust around the window was so thick we could make a fur pet with it! The 7 days we stayed they never cleaned the bathroom floor,Couldn't ask to change room, it was fulling up no room for a whole week there or anywhere... we were stuck... ...Told the owner about it, hope he will do something, the bathroom is worth a minus 10 but the rest was ok not more so that is why it put 2 if it was'nt for that it would be a good place... needs a big refresh and a new cleaning crew

Room Tip: Ask for first floor where the Internet is supposed to be better, if you need it. Check the bathroom...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2013

After calling each hotel in Old Orchard for a straight week, we finally found an opening here for one night, Friday August 2. I will be honest and say, this was really not my first choice of places to stay (we normally stay right on the beach) more like the only one that would accommodate one night during peak season. Upon check in we were pleasantly surprised. Pat was great, super friendly and really accommodating while checking us into room 31. The room was very cute, clean and had everything we needed (comfy beds, small fridge, tv, ac…) after dropping our stuff we ventured out and were supper happy to find a really fun place to stay (great people watching late night), literally less than 50 steps to the sand, free (and yummy) coffee in the morning! Another great bonus, checkin is earlier than most hotels (1PM) and the best bonus of all was this room was literally over $100 less for the night than if we were to have stayed directly on the beach. If given the chance to check out this hotel, I recommend it. I’m actually planning to call later this week for another reservation.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the second floor, nice view of the ocean!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sandsdreamr
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Stay July 17-21 2013 great staff the room are clean a location that you can't beat. This is your third time here and will come back again and again.We always park the car never use it again.Alot of live music (3 diffrent places) right across the street. Oh and the best 51 steps to the beach!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank p l
Reviewed 8 July 2013

The Soho Inn was convenient to great restaurants, bars and the Pier. We parked the car and never used it again for 4 days. The Brunswick across the street has music every afternoon and evening and is a fun place to hangout facing the ocean. The Inn is very clean and has a great porch the overlooks downtown. I would highly recommend it!!!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Have been going the past two summers and won't stay any where else. The staff is great the room is great and just a walking to the town area or the ocean! It perfect in your looking for a room to sleep and shower. They don't have a pool but there is a huge pool (the ocean) just a few steps away! They also have a great little restaurant right across from it

Room Tip: Book Early Ask for first level
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Samantha L
Reviewed 4 August 2012

I was late booking this year and was unable to find the nights I wanted...then I came accross the Inn and for the price was able to book an extra night. We come to OOB every summer and I have seen many rooms. I was pleasantly surprised with the size, cleanliness and comfort of the room. Linens were clean and bathroom was fine. 2 beds with a full closet and a microwave wifi and fridge for this price is incredible! I also have 2 small children and they were not the only ones...best bet on the beach for the price for sure. The bar across the street was NOT a problem. They had security outside the whole night and seemed mindful that the noise be kept to min...after all they are the same father company. I saw other families also and the guests were all cozy! My parents pay double the price at another hotel and they had have the space I had and I was close to the pier at night able to walk back to my room away from the noise...also the front desk watches the place until well after midnight so I felt secure too. A great place to come and stay for the convienance and location!!! Thanks Mike and Patti and Chad! Your New Jersey Guest...

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Lyndsay L
Reviewed 22 July 2012

Stay a night in July Clean room> front desk was helpful It not a 4 star but look up and down the Beach for the price It is the BEST DEAL

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple