“Perfect family getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aquarius

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Old Orchard Beach
Aquarius
Ranked #23 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Boston
“Perfect family getaway”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2013 via mobile

We just returned from our annual stay at the aquarius and could not be any happier. The service is outstanding, owners mike and Mitch go out of their way to make you feel part of their family. We stayed in room 10 this year, corner suite with plenty of room for the 6 of us. The view is amazing, this motel is right on old orchard beach and close enough to walk to the pier in minutes. Such a great place that we made our reservations to return again next summer before we left.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank sandsdreamr

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Orange, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2013

Good value for a nice clean stay, steps away from OOB. You can walk to the pier in under 5 minutes. Standard economy rooms are fairly small, but clean. Property is well taken care of,plenty of flowers outside, and decent view to the beach. The owners are very nice also. We have stayed here the last two years. The units with kitchenettes are more expensive, but much more spacious. Grills are outside on the patio for use, which overlook the beach. Free wifi also.

Room Tip: Standard rooms are small, rooms with kitchenettes are more spacious, but a little more money.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank skibumma70
Nashua, New Hampshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

This Motel (2 floors) is literally on the beach. Walking distance to the Pier area. Breakfast and Dinner location at the intersection of E. Grand and Brown. Parking for one vehicle with room. Walk north up the beach to Pirates Patio that has food and full liquor available.

Our room was second floor over the office, very quiet. This is a family run Motel and very clean. It is however a little dated but all amenities are well kept. The room had a small bathroom with sink, toilet, and tub/shower. Bed was Queen and mattress was somewhat firm. Flatscreen TV with one movie channel included. Closet was small. Bureau was ample. We were only there for one night so didn't use either. There was a closet marked private that was open and was huge. I didn't ask if it was for my use cause I didn't need it but there was no other way to get to it than thru our room. Refrigerator was college dorm size with a small freezer. No stove or microwave. An air conditioner was provided, in wall, directly over the bed. Although it looked small it cooled off the room quickly when temp was about 85 F.

Michael was the gentleman that we spoke with at the desk. He was very informative and friendly. He provided a hair dryer for my wife, at her request when we checked in. They are not in each room. Also, no irons are provided.

We were there off season by one day and our rate was $130. The next day the same room was $299.00 which was reflective of other motels in the area.

Room Tip: Room 7 has a beautiful ocean view on the second floor
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jester1340
Pawtucket, Rhode Island, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

Some friends of ours have been staying here for over 30 years. one of the older family members got very ill and could not make the trip this year.After paying for the vaca in advance he called and tried to work something out, however the owner(Mitch) would not refund any of his $.after a few weeks he asked if we would like to take the room for the week he then called and changed the reservation to his nieces name who would be there and she asked if it would be ok for us to go and that we had two children going with us....they said ok however when we got there the owner was so rude and said our room cannot hold four people and two were going to have to leave...we agreed that we would leave by morning...he was so rude and ignorant about the whole mix up I have never been treated so poorly in my life..shocked he still has a business after the way he treats people....he is a very unpleasant person to deal with and is very mean to his son that is also the manager....let's his son make arraignment then yells at him when he doesn't agree.....our friends had been going to this same motel for so many years and cannot believe how awful this new owner is......spend your $$ some were else not worth the aggravation!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
7 Thank Kerry L
Washington, Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2013

This is the first time I have written a review for a property that I have never stayed at but my experience with the owner was so discouraging that I feel compelled to share it with potential travelers. This hotel is a favorite destination of several of my relatives. They are planning a trip there in May and I wanted to surprise them by paying for their accomodations. Well--who knew in the 21st century that it would be impossible to pay for a room accomodation via credit card, pay pal, personal check or gift card. Worse than the logistcal barriers, the owner was incredibly rude not only to me but his employees. I actually heard him yelling at someone in the background while I was waiting on the phone for him. After I made several calls and offered several forms of payment he finally just snapped at me that "this isn't how he does business."

I can't comment on the merits of the property but after my experience with him I will not be staying at this property if ever in Maine.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank Jendal
South Daytona, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

Stayed in mid July and wanted to find a place that would allow a 1 night Saturday stay. That was absolutely out of the question in every place I called, but the Aqaurius said to keep calling as they might get a last minute cancellation. Well to my surprise I called Friday 7/13 and was told they did have a room open for 1 night on Saturday. I figured the price would be outrageuos( as most beach places are in mid July) ...not here, we got the room for $150...RIGHT ON THE BEACH!! I couldn't believe it, so was sceptical. We arrived and were amazed...This is a little " motel" that is immaculately clean, cozy, updated bathrooms The rooms are small, but well kept, and clean, the bed was comfortable, it had cable TV / Phone /AC..and an easy walk to everything in Old Orchard Beach. They have small grounds that includes gorgeous gardens, a picnic area with grills / tables and chairs that is well lit at night & right on the beach! Will be going back next year for a longer stay for sure! The staff was pleasant and informative, they do have larger rooms that accomodates families. I would not recommend the regular rooms for more than a couple,

Room Tip: Regular rooms are small, ok for 2...if you have more people than that in your party, you should upgr...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank tukki
Coloma, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2012

We stayed here for a week and had a wonderful time. The motel is an older one but our room was very clean. The hotel is on the ocean and the wooden balconies are covered with the most beautiful flowers. I felt very welcomed here. The atmosphere of the hotel leads you to speak with other guests who we discovered have been coming back here for years and years. If we are ever blessed to find ourselves in this part of Maine again, I would definately stay here. The entire staff was pleasant and helpful. I would recommend staying at least two nights to experience the true atmosphere the Aquarius has to offer.

Room Tip: 2nd floor rooms offer the best view of the ocean, just be sure to ask for oceanview when reserving r...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple