I have to say that I'll never come back again! After a 2 hour drive, we arrived to a very crowded parking lot and a cramped assigned parking spot. I parked, ran into the room to use the facilities and my daughter was approached by the truck owner beside us requesting to move my car in, it's too tight and HE WON'T BE ABLE TO GET OUT! I did not design this foolish parking lot. The vehicles quickly changed and were replaced by bigger ones. The F150 was a foot from my car. I could not pull out freely, i had to inch back and forth many times. I could not see around the truck as an adult came around it. I could have hit a small child or a pet. The room was older/outdated and one of the burners did not work The staff was nice and helpful and cleaned the grounds daily. There is a grill for all to use, which I took advantage of. The heated was a plus, but the pool hours are NOT POSTED and when we returned one evening after 10pm with my one yr old grandson, a LOUD FAMILY was in the pool. I asked them to quiet down. They seemed to get loaded, I went to the office to complain and there was no one there. When I returned to the pool 2 workers were at the pool to cover and close up for the night were getting yelled at by the LOUD GUESTS. I asked one of the workers when the pool closed they said 10pm. Needless to say the guests and myself had words and as I was insulted I grew angry. I do not disrespecting guests and a motel that will not enforce their rules. The guests should have been instructed to leave due to their behavior. I spent good money and feel as though there should be ample parking and quiet hours to rest after a long day of activities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 30 Unit recently updated motel located directly on the beach with great ocean views. Within walking distance to the downtown area and arcade and amusement park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your Old Colonial Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Colonial Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Old Colonial Orchard Beach
- Old Colonial Motel Old Orchard Beach, Maine