“ENJOYED MY STAY”

Ranked #18 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Long Island City, New York
“ENJOYED MY STAY”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2014

They are in the process of redoing this hotel and I got one of the rooms recently updated. It's still considered off-season so the rate was lower than normal, I loved the fact that it was right on the ocean and that I could take my dog down to the beach. The hotel staff were friendly and very responsive to my needs. It was very quite, just myself and one other guest this past weekend. Short distance to amusement park and plenty of places to eat.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank xannon709

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Putnam, Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

Parking was a minimum,only 1 car was allowed and we had 2 so we had to pay $$ to park the other 1 down the road for the weekend. Considering it was a very busy August weekend and the motel was full,we didn't encounter any excess noise.
Great location right on the beach,the motel also had a pool and jacuzzi. There was a grill to use for the guests as well. Although we didn't take advantage of it, a lot of the guests did.
Overall a nice average motel for a summer getaway !

Room Tip: We stayed on the 2nd floor between other rooms,and had no issues. The end rooms on the 2nd floor loo...
5 Thank Luvinlife143
Weare, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2013

I loved this place because of it's proximity to the beach and that it's pet friendly! The other guests were super friendly and our dog loved their dogs! But that's where the love ends! The beds are the WORST! You feel every spring! You could SEE one bed sagging to one side! There had been a leak above our tub at some point but the ceiling was never fixed, it was stained & sagging! They put floor linoleum on the ceiling and walls of the bathroom & kitchen! The toilet didn't flush unless you held the handle down. We had 2 forks and 2 glasses, an 8oz and a 4oz. Plenty of plates though. The parking was all screwed up, the staff was assigning spots however they wanted instead of by room. There are other hotels in the area that are pet friendly, we'll stay in one of those next year!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MrsKathyC

Travellers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

East Haven, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

last miniate trip and we were very pleased..owners were great,,staff very friendly..and right near everything been coming to o.o.b. for 15yrs now ...one of the friendliest by far..and good rates...we had a great time..will be back :)

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank maryjane28
Norfolk
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013

I have to say that I'll never come back again! After a 2 hour drive, we arrived to a very crowded parking lot and a cramped assigned parking spot. I parked, ran into the room to use the facilities and my daughter was approached by the truck owner beside us requesting to move my car in, it's too tight and HE WON'T BE ABLE TO GET OUT! I did not design this foolish parking lot. The vehicles quickly changed and were replaced by bigger ones. The F150 was a foot from my car. I could not pull out freely, i had to inch back and forth many times. I could not see around the truck as an adult came around it. I could have hit a small child or a pet. The room was older/outdated and one of the burners did not work The staff was nice and helpful and cleaned the grounds daily. There is a grill for all to use, which I took advantage of. The heated was a plus, but the pool hours are NOT POSTED and when we returned one evening after 10pm with my one yr old grandson, a LOUD FAMILY was in the pool. I asked them to quiet down. They seemed to get loaded, I went to the office to complain and there was no one there. When I returned to the pool 2 workers were at the pool to cover and close up for the night were getting yelled at by the LOUD GUESTS. I asked one of the workers when the pool closed they said 10pm. Needless to say the guests and myself had words and as I was insulted I grew angry. I do not disrespecting guests and a motel that will not enforce their rules. The guests should have been instructed to leave due to their behavior. I spent good money and feel as though there should be ample parking and quiet hours to rest after a long day of activities.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Chris M
Gorham, New Hampshire, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2013

My friend and I had planed this wk end trip for Months and were really looking forward to just a girls, stay and some sun on the beach. I was told that we could check in at 1pm when we arrived on Friday,the room wasen't ready and were told that it would take an hour, it was almost 2

My girl friend brought her dog, and that was one of the reasons that we chose to stay there, that and the fact that we had stayed with them before years ago.

We decided to splurge a little and go for the big room that had a deck. When we saw it my heart sank,
I dont mind paying for something if I feel that Im getting My money's worth, But we felt that we were sold a bill of goods .

The room was clean and that is why we made the best of it, but the deck was awful we couldn't enjoy it.
it had a grill and hot tub, the grill was dirty and the ignitor wasen't working so you would have to lift the grate to light with a lighter that they had chained to the grill. the deck floor was dirty and covered with pieces of black carpet that needs to be thrown away, the tables were dirty and looked like they haden't been wiped down or cleaned in weeks.the chairs need to be replaced and they were dirty, The hot tub didn't even seem like and option at that point.

I waited till ckeck out to tell them about the deck, because the young man in the office on Sat was not a help he didn't understand what I was saying. but on sunday, I was told that they would look into the matter with mgt. and maybe get money back, but when I called days later I was basically told that everything was there as promised and if we didn't make use of it, they were not responsible for any refund. the pictures on the web site, are nothing like what it actually is!

2 Thank Julie C
Berlin, New Hampshire
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

It was great that they take dogs. We stayed in the best room. We had the deck and the hot tub, and a mini kitchen. Ck in time was 1:00pm, we did not have our room done until 2:30pm.
THe deck furnature was never wiped down clean, not the gas grill, and the hot tub was not touched for cleaning solutions. There was a very old ratty rug padding on the floor and we did not want our bare feet to touch it. The deck above us was dripping down on us in different places. When we went to the office it was a young kid that could not speak good english, so we waited until we ck'd out to complain. It was not worth the $600. for the weekend. They promised to look at our complaints and reduce our bill. Please make sure things are taken care of before you book. We are hoping they took care of these problems, someone could get hurt or worse.

Room Tip: Make them tell you how the room is updated.