The room was secured with a key on a knob that was not very good quality. The bed sagged like a waterbed, and all the furniture was quite worn. The blinds did not keep out the early morning sun, forcing my wife to buy a face mask if she wanted to sleep in. To their credit, the room was clean, though we found ourselves wading in several inches of water in the shower toward the end of showering. While this is the only property in town that we could find that accepted dogs, there is NO place to take your pet to do business. One block west there is a beautiful park that actually has a dog park at it, though it's a ten minute walk.
Found a nice dog friendly hotel in Wells (Sea Mist), that we wanted to spend our last evening in Maine at, but this property would not allow us out of our third night on our reservation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 30 Unit recently updated motel located directly on the beach with great ocean views. Within walking distance to the downtown area and arcade and amusement park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your Old Colonial Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Old Colonial Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Old Colonial Orchard Beach
- Old Colonial Motel Old Orchard Beach, Maine