“Great!!”

The Grand Beach Inn
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 8 September 2013

At the very last minute in early September, we decided to do a weekend getaway to the southern coast of Maine. After a search by town, I found the Grand Beach Inn and discovered that they also manage a beach house.....right on the beach in Pine Point!!

I sent an inquiry and was responded to almost immediately. I had a few questions about the house since it was sight unseen and, every time, my questions were answered promptly and completely. Great customer service!!

When we arrived, the house was clean and neat.....and what a location!! Adding to the great customer service theme, we had a question while we were there and the property manager (Sean C.) came by in person to answer it. Now THAT is customer service!!

We were very happy with the overall experience. Keep up the good work!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank bmingels
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

Thanks for the review. It was my pleasure meeting you during your stay with us. I hope to see you again next year.

Reviewed 5 September 2013

Friendly staff but they need to be trained properly. No attention to detail in every aspect. Burn holes in chair, broken chair on balcony, bed throw was filthy. This place could be great with a little work. Entire property needs an update.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 6 September 2013

Hello. Thank you for your review. We are in the middle of updating our rooms some have been done and some are being done this winter. I look forward to you seeing the changes when you visit next year.

Reviewed 3 September 2013

We decided last minute to go to OOB for Labor Day weekend - shame on me for not reading the trip advisor reviews on this place - what a dump. We didn't arrive to the hotel until late evening otherwise I would have demanded a refund and stayed somewhere else. The pictures on their website are extremely mis-leading. It looked clean and newly renovated - well don't be fooled it was dirty, it smelled, electrical outlets were scarey. I truly did not feel safe staying there with my family. Myself and my husband did not get any sleep I still can't believe I actually stayed there. Do yourself a favor do NOT stay at this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here !!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family

Hello Traveler, I am very surprised to see this review. After seeing this I went right up to your room (49) to see the issues. I found nothing in that room that would warrant your flagrant remarks. The room has a nice flat screen 32" TV on the wall, new light fixture in the bath in conjunction with a new vanity. If I can be of any assistance please contact me directly. (207) 934-4621.

Reviewed 2 September 2013

The inn is very out dated. The owner must be really cheap. The place smells in the halls and in the rooms. Walls are dirty, lamp shades stained. Our tv had a dent in it and a chip in the screen. All the rugs need to be replaced. Our door to the room id compete crap. It doesnt even shut right bc it is rotted on one side. It seems to be a hotel that if you were a kid it would be the best hotel to h
ave a crazy party at and no worries about brraking anything and worry about someone throwing up in the hotel bc noone would notice. Nasty place. Dont recommend it at all. Total rip off and Sean in the office was not helpful at all. Talked to much [--]. Was not happy.

1  Thank Jenn D
Reviewed 1 September 2013

Stayed at Surfside rooms 24 and 25. I have only one good thing to say: it was oceanfront. Bed was extremely uncomfortable and there was no mattress cover. Floor slopes - clothes cabinet had broken drawers. Kitchen was deplorable - pots were rusty, oven not cleaned, yuk.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2013

Hello thank you for your review. First I would like to say that both beds are were new this year. The one in unit 24 is a Tempapedic queen size bed. And 25 is a new Serta bed. I am sorry you felt uncomfortable but there was nothing wrong with the beds. It is an older building that is right on the beach, the building has settled a little leaving a slight slope in the floor. That is out of the hotels control. I am sorry to see this review as nothing was said to me or my during your stay with us as we would have gone above and beyond to make the situation right. If you would like to contact me directly please feel free to do so. (207) 934-4621.

Reviewed 31 August 2013

My girlfriend and I needed a weekend away and stayed at the Grand Beach Inn. Everybody was very friendly and the GM Sean even came out and greeted us upon arrival. The room was super clean and when had an issue, my gf spilled coffee on the bed, I called the front desk and they sent the cleaning crew immediately. They were super cool about it and changed everything out no questions asked. If you're looking for a clean and friendly experience, this is the place to go.

Room Tip: Downtown and the beach are easily accessible via the trolly.. Pool was warm and clean.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2013

Thank you for your kind words. I am glad to hear that your stay was so enjoyable. The staff is very responsive to guest request and I hope to see you on your next visit to Old Orchard Beach.

Reviewed 30 August 2013

I stayed 3 years ago and it was starting to be a little outdated. I returned because of the convenient location and affordable rates. I was pleasantly surprised to see the rooms renovated. The fridge and microwave were an excellent addition. My family loved the private balcony and kids enjoyed the pool area. We will definitely return to the Grand Beach on our next trip to the ocean!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Thank you for noticing the changes we have made, we are continuing to improve our property everyday and the staff is happy that it is being noticed. We can't wait to see you on your next trip.