“Very pleased!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #38 of 43 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Old Saybrook, Connecticut
“Very pleased!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have stayed at Grand Beach Inn, every summer for a week in July, for 6 years in a row. The staff are always helpful and, if asked, they will do all the lugging from your car to your room and are always grateful for the tip I gladly give to them. They are doing something right! Location, location, location. It is right across the street from the beautiful beach, but far enough from the crowded pier area where you don't have all the noise and commotion that the pier attracts. The rooms are always spacious, clean and cool. Never had an air conditioner problem. We had a full fridge, stove and dishwasher. All worked great! Saved bunches of $$$.00 by stocking up the fridge with all the goodies we love. We also enjoy using the outside grill in the evening and it is handy to have the café on the premise, in case you don't feel like making breakfast yourself . Also, we took advantage of Baileys Seafood Market, on Pine Point, that steamed our lobsters for us. We then were able to enjoy them on the outside café tables, at Grand Beach Inn, with our wine and girlfriends. I found the full size bed to be very clean and comfortable, even with my back issues! The trolley, that came by every hour, was a great way to get to and back from the pier, to avoid the piers high parking fees. Over the years, I have seen remarkable improvements made. This is a beach motel and there will be sand and dampness, due to the close proximity of the ocean, (which is what we are paying to be close to). The pool is small, but always clean. Remember, it is the guest who may neglect to shower the sand off their feet, in the shower provided right outside the pool area, before entering the pool or stairways to their rooms. But every morning it is obvious that the pool has been cleaned and maintained, by the magic pool fairy, sometime overnight while we were sleeping! I found Sean, the manager, very friendly and helpful. I will continue staying at the Grand Beach Inn for many years to come. Lisa S

Room Tip: Ask for a room that has been newly renovated.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank Lisa S
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
I am very pleased to hear about your experience during your stay with us. I can't wait to see you again next time.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Swampscott, Mass.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

Found the Grand Beach Inn as a secret hotel on Hotwire. The rate was very good for a two-night stay. The room we had was a standard kitchenette. Two double beds, two-burner stove, microwave, mini-fridge and coffee maker. Flat screen TV on wall. Room was clean and comfortable. The suspended ceiling really needs to be replaced in the room and bathroom. As a home base for the weekend the Grand beach Inn did exactly what we wanted it to do. Nothing fancy, but decent and at a good price.

Room Tip: Had room 39 on the first floor in the corner. Very loud at night and in the early morning as guests...
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us. I have been able to review your concerns with our maintenance staff and have fixed the issues you mentioned. I appreciate the feed back and look forward to seeing you again.
Thompson, CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

The outside looks a lot better than the inside. It may be clean (?) but who would know it. The rugs had holes in them, the furniture pretty beat up, was afraid to use the bed. The only redeeming thing about this inn is that it is right across the street from the beach. I say look for somewhere else.

Room Tip: I don't have a good tip for this motel.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Cecile M
Hello Traveler,
I am very unhappy to hear about your experience during your stay. But what saddens me most is that there was no communication with my self during your stay as I would have done everything possible to make your stay the best vacation ever. We take pride in our level of customer care and are always willing to help. If i can be of any assistance please reach out to me. You can contact me at (207)934-4621.

Travellers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

Scituate, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 September 2013

At the very last minute in early September, we decided to do a weekend getaway to the southern coast of Maine. After a search by town, I found the Grand Beach Inn and discovered that they also manage a beach house.....right on the beach in Pine Point!!

I sent an inquiry and was responded to almost immediately. I had a few questions about the house since it was sight unseen and, every time, my questions were answered promptly and completely. Great customer service!!

When we arrived, the house was clean and neat.....and what a location!! Adding to the great customer service theme, we had a question while we were there and the property manager (Sean C.) came by in person to answer it. Now THAT is customer service!!

We were very happy with the overall experience. Keep up the good work!!

1 Thank bmingels
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this review, 9 September 2013
Thanks for the review. It was my pleasure meeting you during your stay with us. I hope to see you again next year.
rochester ny
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

Friendly staff but they need to be trained properly. No attention to detail in every aspect. Burn holes in chair, broken chair on balcony, bed throw was filthy. This place could be great with a little work. Entire property needs an update.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Sean C, General Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this review, 6 September 2013
Hello. Thank you for your review. We are in the middle of updating our rooms some have been done and some are being done this winter. I look forward to you seeing the changes when you visit next year.
Wilmington, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

We decided last minute to go to OOB for Labor Day weekend - shame on me for not reading the trip advisor reviews on this place - what a dump. We didn't arrive to the hotel until late evening otherwise I would have demanded a refund and stayed somewhere else. The pictures on their website are extremely mis-leading. It looked clean and newly renovated - well don't be fooled it was dirty, it smelled, electrical outlets were scarey. I truly did not feel safe staying there with my family. Myself and my husband did not get any sleep I still can't believe I actually stayed there. Do yourself a favor do NOT stay at this place.

Room Tip: Don't stay here !!!
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Hello Traveler, I am very surprised to see this review. After seeing this I went right up to your room (49) to see the issues. I found nothing in that room that would warrant your flagrant remarks. The room has a nice flat screen 32" TV on the wall, new light fixture in the bath in conjunction with a new vanity. If I can be of any assistance please contact me directly. (207) 934-4621.
Worcester, Massachusetts, Usa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 September 2013

The inn is very out dated. The owner must be really cheap. The place smells in the halls and in the rooms. Walls are dirty, lamp shades stained. Our tv had a dent in it and a chip in the screen. All the rugs need to be replaced. Our door to the room id compete crap. It doesnt even shut right bc it is rotted on one side. It seems to be a hotel that if you were a kid it would be the best hotel to h
ave a crazy party at and no worries about brraking anything and worry about someone throwing up in the hotel bc noone would notice. Nasty place. Dont recommend it at all. Total rip off and Sean in the office was not helpful at all. Talked to much [--]. Was not happy.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family