“Will NEVER go back!”

The Grand Beach Inn
Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The place was so bad that we didn't even stay! The room smelled of urine, the toilet would not flush, the air conditioner was plugged into an extension cord and the room was filthy! We were there long enough to call and find another room near by. The girl at the front desk offered us a different room, I declined as I am pretty sure they are all the same.

I went into it knowing that it was an older place and was not expecting anything fancy but I also didn't expect to have it smell like an outhouse and have to tell my kids not to sit on the beds or touch anything! I would have slept in my car before I would have slept in that hotel!

2  Thank Hollie L

Reviewed 16 August 2014

booked on line was told would not be charged until arrival. they took the payment 3 days prior to arrival then again after we checked out. Spoke to the hotel and was asked to call back when questioned again they denied the overage!!!!! By bank is now handling the double charge. buyer beware.

2  Thank Lyn C
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We just got back. Room was not ready at check in....went for food came back, they said room was done. Got up there and roomwas not ready. Room smelled the whole time we were there. All 3 days the did not clean room before 7 pm and we had no towels. Had to go to front desk for towels and wash cloths. Last nite we were there they failed to clean room at all and no towels. Front desk said they could not clean because we were not there?....??? What? Poor front desk service. Phone in room did nt work....no hair dryer and no management to talk to. Not worth the time or money!!,

Room Tip: Dont go there.
3  Thank Joanna M
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Me and my fiance are having a blast! This hotel is the cheapest on the strip! Im reading these reviews before me and OMG! For 149.00$ a night these ppl want the Ritz Carlton! Really?! Everyone here including the staff is so nice.. We are having a blast! I grew up in Old Orchard in the summer all my life and this is the first time I stayed here at Grand Beach Inn. The beds are made everyday and the rooms and Bathroom are clean daily! This is the most accomadating Hotel Ive stayed at here in Old Orchard for 42 years ALL MY LIFE! Yup im a lifer. So pls ppl dont listen to the ppl picking apart this Hotel. Im def coming next year and every year! Thank God I didnt listen to the bad reviews I read before coming here! This place is excellent with a great new manager named Art who answered all our questions including being resonable about check out and letting us leave at 11:00am instead of 10:00am. The parking lot was filled with cars of ppl that are staying here. Every other Hotel wants atleast 200$ a night. Old Orchard is what life should be and Grand Beach Inn does not deserve all those terible reviews.! If you want Ritz Carlton then stay there!!! Its quiet here, away from the noise of palace playland!and the breakfast cafe "Rizzo's" ( owners to the (Golden Roaster) is remarkable! Cant wait to come back next year!! Thank you Grand Beach Inn FOR EVERYTHING From Melinda White and Rob Davis

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Meli813
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I have seen hotel in my life on the east cost, in the south! Cuba is a 5 star compare to this hotel.
Dirty all around the place, mold in the room, no towel, not sure on the cleanness of the sheets, carpet with stain etc
It was a last minute reservation, never again!
take the review seriously... it is that bad!

Room Tip: go to another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank suetreoda
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I stayed here on July 26th with our two daughters under the age of 6. We got the kitchenette so we could spend the afternoon on the beach and then make dinner for the girls. We arrived to a room at 3 pm that smelled of stale cigarettes and cologne. The room was picked up but was not clean. We had no towels or wash cloths. To top it off we had no power to the kitchen area or the TV. We requested a new room and was brushed off by the kids that are running the place. They were unable to restore our power and could not bring us towels until 7 pm "after they dried in the dryer" Close to 7pm an electrician came to our room to check the outlets. he quickly went down stairs and switched the popped breaker. Never once did we get offered a new room, an apology, or even a discounted rate. My complaints to the front desk were shrugged off, and 2 emails to contact the manager went unanswered. Very disappointing!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Mooreheads
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Ac was broke guy had to come up with a wrench to turn it on. Had a horrible smell, and the maintance guy came up with drainO because I guess the tube was blocked. This was all right when we walked in the room. Pictures are not at all accurate. Don't waste your money!!

• Stayed: August 2014