First let me say, don't fly Northwest-Delta Airlines. People are RUDE. Ticket agents are smug. They Overbook the flights even if you bought tickets six months in advance, you can and will be put on stand-by and left to beg strangers for seats on a flight you already paid for. I have small children, and this airline forced me to beg strangers to give up their seat so I could sit with my own children. And you anal retentive people who wont give up a very tiny seat, to sit in one seat (behind or in front) of a seat that you are already sitting in? really?? Get a life! My 5 year old has better manners.
Grand Beach Inn. Sounds like a nice place. I can't say that and look at the web site without laughing. The pictures were probably taken when the place first opened 100 years ago. Everything is completely run down. Too many stains and bad 70's style decor to mention. One upgrade is the cable tv and some newer (cheap) tv monitors. But who really comes to OOB to watch tv anyway? My family stayed here for a week. It was ok I guess. People seemed to be nice, not too much noise for the "on season" We had to get a room on the 3rd floor. This is really bad. They need to get an elevator system because going up and down those stairs is hard. All the kids (not just mine) would drag their bags and hit every step on the way down, every time they would go in or out. and slam the door too! I'm going to have nightmares for a month about that banging noise. Service to the room was bad. We stayed a week, and the staff only brought clean towls daily. They did not sweep the floors, change the bedding or do any general cleaning of any kind. The staff would always come early in the morning to drop off towls and so we had to ask on a daily basis if they could please come back after noon so we could all have a chance to get in the shower and get cleaned up. When we realized they weren't sweeping the floor at all, we started asking them if they could please do so after noon. In 7 days they only did this twice. We found one very nice person who spoke English and she was the person who seemed to understand what we were asking and is probably the only reason the room was cleaned those two days. They never cleaned the toilet or the bathtub. They were a mess from the time we got there until we left. When we had some people stay with us for a night, we asked the staff to please bring some extra towls. They never did. We ended up asking another staff member who was giving us directions on how to use the coffee machine, but then gave us instant coffee that couldn't be used in the machine? He later dropped by to give us these two dirty looking towls that didn't look like hotel towls at all. We never used them. I have stayed in many hotels, I say this one is average because it really served it's purpose. I had a place to sleep, there wasn't a lot of noise, and we had good time over all. The thing it lacks is service. I have nothing against people who can't speak the language, but when you work in any job and it deals with customer service, I think you should, at the very least, try to understand what someone is saying or find someone who can help you understand.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Grand Beach Inn provides spacious accommodations with direct access to 7 miles of sandy beach. We offer deluxe rooms and suites with fully equipped kitchens, private balconies, air conditioning, heat, extended cable television, telephones and much more. Located in the most beautiful section of Old Orchard, you'll enjoy the finest beach in Maine. Take a relaxing stroll along the waters edge to the town center where you will find the famous Old Orchard Pier, Palace Playland amusement park, along with many shops and restaurants. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Grand Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Beach Hotel Old Orchard Beach
- Grand Beach Old Orchard
- The Grand Beach Inn Old Orchard Beach, Maine