“great place to stay.”

Ranked #40 of 44 Hotels in Old Orchard Beach
old orchard beaxh
“great place to stay.”
Reviewed 12 December 2010

the people at this hotel were very friendly, and were will to help with what ever was needed, the rooms are spaciouse and very clean, the hotel is quiet and very relaxing and the resturant is great, and it is an asume place to stay if u love the beach because is just right acrost he street from the hotel,

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (61)
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 September 2010

upon entering the room there was a foul odor as soon as you opened the door. first thing our eyes saw was a cigarette burn in the middle of the first bed. the picture on the wall was crooked and smashed in but glass still hanging in frame. the base of the lamp was dented in as this sat beneath the picture on the wall. the carpet was torn and filthy. the curtains did not fit thewindow. short by a foot and missing hooks to hold up the curtain. guy at front desk had attitude when i said not liking the room at all. gave me another room. not much better. furniture was all scratched up. linen had hair in it. so i had to ride a couple of towns over to buy my own bedding and a bottle of bleach might i add so i could clean my room to mu satisfaction. all in all could not wait til check out. enjoyed the area but this hotel really sucks.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank chrslittlesr69
gm_oob_gbi, Front Office Manager at The Grand Beach Inn, responded to this review, 18 May 2011
Thank you for your feedback. We truely appreciate your business and apologize for your bad experience. We are undergoing many renovations including the carpets. We also have new management and look forward to a great upcoming summer.

Travellers are raving about these Old Orchard Beach hotels

Worcester, MA
Reviewed 8 September 2010

When we got there, our room wasn't ready for check in time so we paid an extra $60 a nite for one of the larger cabins so we didn't have to wait (we had a newborn with us).... BIG MISTAKE! When we walked in it was musty and smelled of smoke (even though we asked for non smoking) and dirty. Cobwebs everywhere, the air conditioning was only in one bedroom and barely ran. When we asked about it, they told us there was a fan in the room..WTF? We ended up rigging the fan to the AC for it to blow into the rest of the cabin but it was NEVER cool in there. The beds were dirty, one bed even had nail clippings in it!!!

We got an internet deal on the rooms with no refunds (still paid 160 per nite) and had our children so we stayed the 2 nites we booked but it was absolutely aweful. NO housekeeping, we asked the front desk no less than 4 times for towels the second day as our room hadn't been cleaned or restocked. They kept telling us they didn't have any! We finally got towels to take showers at 5PM after I ranted iin the front office in front of people who were checking in ...i can't imagine paying what they are asking for these rooms without an internet special!! SO DISGUSTING!! Plenty of other places to stay for that price range that were nicer...trust me, we wrote them down for next time!

Parsonfield.Maine
Reviewed 30 August 2010

I booked this through Motel.com without knowing what I was paying for but thankgod I only paid 54bucks for the night because if I had paid 160 I would have been upset! The room smelt of cat urine when walking in, the carpet had stains all over it, beds were very uncomfortable, no curtains in the bathroom or the little area with sink so we had to put up towels when we showered. The microwave didnt work, they had coffee machine but no cups or coffee in room. The curtain in the front wouldnt close all the way so you had really no privacy. We were on the 3rd floor and the halls smelt really nasty and its a shared balcony. My view out the front was of the parking lot where the pool is and the back view is of the marsh. They say it was walking distance from palace playland and it ended up being almost 1.5 miles from there. Just glad we had to cross the street and head down to the beach and not drive. One thing that I will say positive about this place was they were very friendly at the front desk!

Northampton, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 August 2010

We arrived on 8/20 and checked out on 8/22. Usually I check the rooms before we book the hotel but the lobby was so clean and bright (very deceiving) that I let my guard down.. what a BIG MISTAKE.. like the other reviews the room smelled, it was dark, the drapes on the front window didn't even close and were falling apart (I had to re-hang them so they would close) There were NO blinds on either bathroom window. We were missing face cloths and hand towels upon arrival and were told the laundry service made a mistake and we wouldn't have any until the next day. WHAT!!!! We were also told someone would check the blind problem in the bathroom but no one ever came to the room. I put a beach towel across the window so the light wouldn't wake us up in the morning (someone else had the same idea because there were thumb tacks in the window frame). Almost forgot about the pancake-flat pillows-they should have been thrown out years ago. I complained upon leaving about the conditions and the check-in person said they would inform the manager---yeah right!!

1 Thank Labs01
Randolph, Vermont
Reviewed 22 August 2010

Don't stay here!!! Very dirty, the smell was very very bad. My feet were black after walking on the floor.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Lincoln, Maine
Reviewed 21 August 2010

After reading the reviews, I was skeptical of reserving a room at the Grand Beach Inn but it was the only vacancy close to the beach. When we got there it was early and check in was at 2. The room assigned to us didn't have a balcony which I had not specified on the reservation. The front desk clerk changed our room to a room with a balcony without a problem. The room had 2 double beds and very spacious and clean. While sitting in the lobby, someone came up to me and asked if he could do anything for me. I explained that we had been traveling all night and exhausted. He took it upon himself to have our room ready a.s.a.p. We were so fortunate to have such a good stay there due to the Beach House Inn's employees. We had a quiet night's sleep and felt very safe.