“Just Like I Remembered!”
Review of Pat's Pizza

Pat's Pizza
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Orono
Cuisines: Pizza
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery
Reviewed 24 June 2014

On a recent trip to Maine to visit a friend I made a dining tour of Orono. I went to all the old haunts that I frequented when I was a student at the University of Maine, but by far the restaurant I was most excited to visit was Pat's. Had it changed? Had the quality been altered by time?

My answer was so clear in the double-dough pizza I received and devoured. Had I not been in public I believe I may have cried with joy. This pizza is amazing and it outshines all of the pizzas I have had anywhere else in the country. For people looking to try this place for the first time, please make sure you order double dough, because the regular single dough can be a bit greasy but still delicious!

They still have the pulley machine to send orders down to the Tap Room, where you can watch tv and get a brew. It looked the same and smelled the same and I am delighted to give Pat's Pizza five circles for still being the best pizza I have ever had. Truly a landmark which can stand the test of time.

There are newer reviews for Pat's Pizza

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Growing up in Orono Pat's was the best! I think Pat himself bought the first Pizza oven in that part of the state if not the whole state. A nice size thin crust pizza with yummy sauce and just the right amount of cheese. Pat's son Bruce still runs the store. A must if you visit Orono. Hasn't changed much in over 50 years and that's a good thing!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

I would drive 4 hours from my home south of Boston just to head down the stairs to the Tap Room at Pat's for a few pitchers of beer with my buddies over some zingers and a double dough Pat's pizza with any topping. I feel like I am truly home there and always look forward to going back. Don't ever change a thing!

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Find me here. At Pat's Pizza in Orono. Love this place. A college must have and a tourist must try. Individual pizzas made just for you to your liking. Get the double crust! So many choices and great beer, watch the game, relax. I like sitting downstairs, that's where the action is. You haven't visited Orono area til you've been to Pat's pizza. The location in Ellsworth is good, too.

Reviewed 15 April 2014

I live in Orono, Maine, hometown of Pat's Pizza. My famiy has enjoyed eating at Pat's Pizza since 1970... what a special place it is.... our children grew up eating Pat's pizza but now live far from Orono. Whenever they come to visit Orono with our grandchildren in tow, Pat's pizza is the first thing they all want to eat. As we say " there is nothing like a Pat's pizza"

Been to Pat's Pizza? Share your experiences!