“Be transported back in time!”

Owls Head Transportation Museum
Ranked #1 of 5 things to do in Owls Head
More attraction details
Owner description: Featuring a world-class, operating collection of antique ground vehicles, engines and aircraft the Owls Head Transportation Museum is open seven days a week, year-round. Exhibits include "Faster: The Quest for Speed" featuring racing vehicles from some of New England's premiere collections. Visit to see the collection or plan to attend one of our fantastic summer events where collection pieces are demonstrated for the public.
Reviewed 23 July 2014

You have to take a ride in the Model T Ford. It's a hoot.

I liked the mix of eras and modes. This is a well loved museum for a reason.

A definite Rockland must-do.

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I'll be honest, I was NOT looking forward to coming here. I have about zero interest in cars, trucks, engines, or planes. I mainly went because my five year old boy loves all those things. However, this museum makes even the most ambivalent attendee interested (and my kid was absolutely enthralled). There are working displays and active restorations of cars and trucks and planes, you can ride in old cars, you can watch the planes being worked on and even flown, there are plenty of people who know SO MUCH about the individual machines here, and the setup is simple yet informative. The vehicles and are beautifully restored, you can tell how much love has gone into the exhibits. From a design/art/history perspective, it's amazing as well. I highly recommend this for anyone - you will find something that interests you for sure. Vintage car and plane lovers should not miss this.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

THIS WAS more than I expected. I have been to old truck shows before but this was much more, the museum has power, flight, racing, bicycles, fire trucks, wagons and much more

Reviewed 15 July 2014

We were in Owls Head to visit a local boat builder and he suggested we see Owls Head and he was right, We were there for a vintage plane show and since I work at Pratt & Whitney I was in second heaven...real close to first. It was fantastic, music , planes, old cars and food. What a way to spend a summer day. We are going back to Maine next week and Owls head is high on the list...top, of where I want to visit again.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

This was a great museum, maybe would be better in a large group since there are demonstrations, a lot of working displays.. ( but no one was there for us) it was quiet when we went.
However, we were taken out for a ride in the model T by a super nice guy volunteer(didn't get his name), and Bob in the aviation garage was super informative and friendly. Thanks.
A very cool museum for a car & plane aficionado.