“Amazing Weekend!”

BackCountry Excursions, LLC - Day Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Specialized bed and breakfast and camping attraction for mountain bikers. Miles of trails, guided rides for all abilities, instruction and bike rentals. Peace and quiet with 24 miles of excellent trails that are fun and flowing "singletrack." Want to learn? This is the place. Want action & adventure? It's here too. Located near Portland, Maine in the foothills of the White Mountains on an 8800 acre preserve for mountain bikers of all abilities.
Reviewed 12 August 2013

My buddy and I found the trip on theClymb.com. We had no idea what to expect and in no way are we experts at mountain biking. We arrived and were greeted by a friend staff (who ended up being our tour guides).

The accommodations are shared but we had our own sleeping area. We were fed 3 great meals a day and had a lobster boil the last night!

The best part of course was the riding! We were provided with bikes and were guided on tours twice a day. They did a great job breaking up the groups by skill level to insure everyone was comfortable on the ride.

The scene was gorgeous and the trip was amazing overall. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Rdsage
in 7 reviews
"adventure"
"clymb"

Reviewed 9 July 2010

I've just returned from three days mountain biking with Cliff of BackCountry Excursions in Parsonsfield, Maine. Cliff has designed and built over 26 miles of trails outside his front door. There are trails for all levels and Cliff tailors the tour based on fitness, experience and ability of the rider. There are sweeping trails for the speed freaks, see-saws for the trick inclined and enough up hills to get the heart rate going. Cliff has the biggest collection of cycling magazine I’ve ever seen which are great for chilling out after a few hours riding. In summary I’d thoroughly recommend heading to Cliff with a group of mountain bikers for a few days riding. I’m just upset I missed the microbrew festival – that sounds perfect!