“My Sunday Afternoon”
Review of Jones Landing

Jones Landing
Ranked #15 of 15 things to do in Peaks Island
Reviewed 30 July 2012

On Sunday 07/29/2012 My Family Boarded The Casco Bay Ferry To Head Out To Peaks Island To Have Lunch At Jones Landing Only To Be Denied Access To Their Establishment For A Nice Afternoon Lunch Which We Would Of Followed By A Walk Around The Beautiful Island. Seems They " DO NOT " Allow Children, As I Have A 18,15,6 Year Old With Us Because They Were Afraid The 18 Year Old Would Consume Alcohol, " Over My Dead Body " Would I Ever Allow Anyones Children To Drink. I Have Never In My Life Been Humiliated By Such An Establishment And Write This For Your Sake If You Have Children, Which Most Families Do, So In Closing I Would Not Recommend Jones Landing If You Decide To Visit Peaks Island. R.J.

11  Thank hardwood_2005

Reviewed 11 June 2012

Loved the ferry ride in the sun, with the anticipation of a summer cocktail, and some live music to get the party hopping. The crowd grew as each hourly ferry boat returned. An easy place to make new friends, or just enjoy the delicious seafood, summer drinks, sun on the deck, lively band, or watch the ocean waves and watercraft nearby. Take a walk around the quaint little island, and you will feel like you just went back to the 1950's. Love this island and its history and charm !

Reviewed 10 August 2008

Good Reggae band and music, nice ride out on the Casco Bay Ferry. Mostly college-age crowd and most were well-behaved.

Major complaint: DRINKS are extremely watered-down. I had a VooDoo ($5) and thought it would last me the afternoon - I'm a rather "light weight" drinker, but I didn't even get a buzz! There must have been about 1/3 oz. liquor in this "megga" drink. You can watch them pour "liquor" from 3 bottles at once into this drink, but the bottles must be watered down - so seeing is not believing. Rip Off.

Suggestion: buy the beer - it's cheaper and you'll enjoy it more.

11  Thank tdubita