“A must if you visit Portland”

and 1 more site!
The Inn on Peaks Island
Ranked #2 of 3 Peaks Island B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 August 2014

I took the ferry to Peaks Island and had dinner at the Inn on Peaks Island. Both the island and the restaurant are not to be missed. Good food and even better view. Very relaxing and enjoyable - excellent service also. I highly recommend the Inn on Peaks Island.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank ebusby

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I spent one night on the island at this inn. The first thing that impressed me was the size of the room. We had what I thought was their smallest room and it was huge. We had a large living room with a fireplace and cable TV. a deck and a private balcony, a large bedroom and an average size bathroom. Everything was clean and seemed brand new. Very comfortable and private feeling. The view from this inn is spectacular. You look down at the ocean and across the ocean to Portland's skyline.
There are numerous beaches to discover, a great bike ride around the island, lots of places to explore.
I do wish they had a breakfast bar but there is a neat cafe nearby.
I have eaten in the hotel's restaurant a few times while on the island and it is fine, no complaints. We had a nice waiter who is a local boy and he shared information about the island.
All in all a great time. We would certainly book here again.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mainehatty
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Between the charm of the hotel, the service of the staff and the conversation of Johnny Casey (server and island point of contact in the restaurant) this is what made or honeymoon stand out. The staff went above and beyond in their service to make the weekend amazing and even brought up a nice surprise when they found out we had just been married.

Do yourself a favor and get the Diamond Suite which overlooks the bay and eat dinner downstairs. You will be treated with a sunset that silences the crowd. Coupled with some great local brews and our main man, Johnny Casey, the evening turns out to be filled with laughter and great times as you unwind from normal burdens.

Room Tip: Diamond Suite overlooks the bay and has an unparalleled view of the sunsets,
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 283mikee
Reviewed 7 June 2014

We have been here providing services for many weddings ( I Do Spas) but this was our first time eating at their restaurant. We will probably eat here again when working but I will NOT be getting the lobster roll. I asked how much it was and she said $18 a bit steep for a previously frozen with 1/2 a lobster tail, 2 pieces of the rubber part of the claw. The meat was so cold and NO seasoning of any kinds on a hot dog bun filled with lettuce to make it look fuller. She asked me what I would like for a side so I picked the fries. Which were AMAZING... I would order just those next time. So when the check came, guess what? Yup they charged extra for the fries. Another $1.50 per plate. This is really bad business. To charge a customer extra for fries when it sounds like it's part of the plate and not tell them?? The prices are so high they should give customers the fires. The other girls got a chicken wrap for $12 with No side.

Room Tip: Rooms looked amazing.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Jody D
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The Inn on Peaks Island is small, but the rooms are spacious and filled with classic charm. I stayed at the inn with my boyfriend in the Chebeague Room. The staff greeted us warmly upon arrival, showed us to our room, and checked on us several times through out our stay. The bed was comfy and the deck had a wonderful view of the Portland cityscape.

The room's amenities were basic, but fulfilled our needs well. The rooms all have decent sized televisions, DVD players, internet, coffee makers, air conditioners, fire places and basic refrigerators. There is also an iron/ironing board available. There are jet spa tubs in the bathroom and mini-hair dryers too. There is a lovely restaurant downstairs that offers drink and traditional fare. The inn itself is within walking distance to most of Peaks Islands' attractions as well as the ferry dock. It's a great place to stay if you want to avoid having to bring your vehicle to the island. I wouldn't recommend bringing your car anyway; the island doesn't have a lot of road space and getting it onto the ferry is a pain.

Room Tip: Book early! The inn only has 6 rooms and because it's a popular summer spot, it's best to bo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank NioDiPietro
Reviewed 29 November 2013

According to the song, West Virginia is almost Heaven, but I beg to differ. My idea of Heaven is about 700 miles northeast of there; a little spot called Peaks Island, Maine. And the best way to experience Peaks Island is to stay at the Inn on Peaks Island.

The rooms are beautiful. Try to get the Great Diamond room, which is at the front of the Inn and has a sliding door and balcony with a nice view of Portland and the Casco Bay. The staff is to a person friendly and helpful, the restaurant downstairs features delicious local fare and I love sitting at the outside tables enjoying the salt breeze, the view and the company.

I'm a former Mainer and this place really makes me feel like I've "come home". My husband's and my 25 wedding anniversary is on the horizon and he asked me to pick anyplace I want for an anniversary trip. I didn't hesitate one second; the Inn on Peaks Island, of course!

Room Tip: You can't really go wrong, but I love the Great Diamond room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy A
Reviewed 11 November 2013 via mobile

We go to the Inn almost weekly and have very rarely had an experience that was sub-par. The food is consistently good - always fresh and the chef is willing to alter dishes to diners' requests. The menu in the winter is limited, but the nightly soup offerings are outstanding. Andrew, the bartender, and Johhny, the waiter, will provide excellent and memorable service.

• Stayed: November 2013
Portland Harbor Hotel
#5 of 21 in Portland
Holiday Inn Portland By The Bay
The 8th Maine Regiment Lodge and Museum

Been to The Inn on Peaks Island? Share your experiences!