“An incredible evening for a young couple and their pup”
Review of Wolf Cove Inn

Wolf Cove Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Poland B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“An incredible evening for a young couple and their pup”
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Wolf Cove Inn last week along with our 4 month old puppy. We spent the afternoon playing in the lake (Sue & Roy had a number of water toys including canoes, a row boat and inner tubes) and wandering through the garden. We had a lovely night with some of the other guests a we watched the sunset over the lake. The room itself (we stayed at the Moosehead) was very spacious, clean and comfortable. There was a nice TV & bathroom and we all slept soundly, enjoying the quiet of the countryside. Breakfast the next morning was divine - I had the blueberry pancakes and my husband enjoyed poached eggs over sweet potato pancakes... a real treat! The dining room was beautiful decorated (they had recently remodeled) with big windows giving us a view of the lake.

All in all, it was a wonderful, unexpected, part of our trip and we would highly recommend it - especially to those of you traveling with four legged friends!

Room Tip: - Try to get a view of the lake... great thing to wake up to in the morning. - Moosehead room is sp...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rcoyle0405
Roy F, Owner at Wolf Cove Inn, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We loved having your puppy stay with us, Gabby especially. We always enjoy watching the doggies play together.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Metuchen, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Fantastic stay! Great room, wonderful breakfast and beautiful lake! We stayed two nights and it was such a pleasure. I will surely visit again when I make my way to Maine from New Jersey again. My wife and I had such a nice stay!

Boston
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We stayed at this lovely inn on a quiet Tuesday, so we had the lakeside chairs and canoes practically to ourselves. Beautiful views, comfy outdoor patio leading down to the water, gorgeous garden, which could easily be the venue for a stunning wedding. Idyllic setting other than sounds of traffic from a nearby road. The rooms have all been renovated with care and style- and the owners didn't scrimp on details, such as bed linens, which were fabulous! Delicious breakfast and friendly chats with Roy and Sue. A great place!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are beautifully appointed. Some are suites with stunning views of the lake.
buffchicks
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This was truly a surprise, and well worth every penny and minute spent there. Gorgeous views of a beautiful lake, super accommodations, great renovations and stories told! Roy makes delicious breakfasts and Sue, it was fun chatting - with both of you! Our first visit to Maine and it won't be our last at the Wolf Cove Inn. HIGHLY RECOMMEND!!! The most relaxing place to go! Wish we could have stayed longer!

Room Tip: We spent our trip mostly sight-seeing so I don't know about some of the other areas around the h...
Chelsea, Michigan
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Really a special place. The Inn keepers are very accommodating and the food was wonderful. We stayed in the Winter Harbor Suite and it was very spacious. The grounds are immaculate. Plenty of sitting areas for reading, talking or sharing a glass of wine. The lake is beautiful and you get the sunsets!! I highly recommend this inn.

Room Tip: winter harbor suite overlooks the lake and grounds and the sunset
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Poland Springs, Maine
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I was really surprised to see such a nice B&B in the small town of Poland Maine. The views of Tripp Lake were wonderful! The service was excellent and the inkeepers were so welcoming. I will be a returning guest with my husband when we can get time away!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Dunedin, New Zealand
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am sipping from a Wolf Cove mug as I write this! Due to a change in plans, I needed to find a place in the general vicinity of Portland/Falmouth ME so went online and liked the look of this place. Poland is actually about an hour from Portland - but it is more than worth the distance. It is right on Tripp Lake and just across the lake is a summer camp, which was in session whilst I was there. It reminded me of summers I spent on Sebago Lake (not very far from there) and hearing taps being blown was fantastic. The proprietor and his wife were absolutely delightful and a pleasure to talk with. The rooms are all different and they are all named after Maine spots. I stayed in Casco Bay, which was on the smaller side but still lovely - and had the bonus of windows looking out on the lake. They had turned on the air conditioner for me as it was an unusually hot and humid day (for Maine) - I promptly turned it off and opened the windows - hoping to hear a loon that night. Breakfast was fabulous - home made zucchini bread, lovely fresh eggs and fruit. They offer tables and Adirondack chairs on the lake front - there are canoes available for your use as well. They also have 2 wonderful dogs - a black lab and a pug - both of whom were very friendly (and quite interested in seeing if you had any food for them!). Only 2 small issues - one - they did not have any plain black breakfast tea available (though there was good assortment of herbal and flavoured teas) and the other, not a complaint about Wolf Cove, but just a heads-up about the area - there aren't many restaurants in the area and the one I went to closed its kitchen at 8pm sharp (I got there at 8:04 and they refused to serve me). So, just be aware of that when making dinner plans. Highly recommend this charming B&B.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Roy F, Owner at Wolf Cove Inn, responded to this review, 1 September 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful feedback. We are so happy you enjoyed your stay with us. While I can't help on the restaurant front, I can (and did) do something about the tea situation. Thank you for the feedback regarding the black tea. We've now offer a number of brands of plain black tea, as well as decaf black tea.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Poland
Hampton Inn Oxford
#1 of 1 in Poland Springs
Lakeview Inn
Lakeview Inn
#1 of 5 in Naples

Been to Wolf Cove Inn? Share your experiences!