“Nice golf trip”

Poland Spring Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Poland Springs
Reviewed 9 March 2014

Went up for a weekend last summer with my father and brother in law for a guys trip away. The golf course was awesome for the stay and play price but the rooms were very outdated. The food buffet was good for breakfast but the dinner was horrible. Also, my brother in law and I are in our late 20's and there wasn't really anything to do around the area past 9pm. We ended up finding a package store and grabbing some beers and hanging out on our deck.

Probably wouldnt return again, only because it was very outdated and not for a younger crowd. But the golf was great and we had a good time together regardless or the hotel.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeff m

Reviewed 23 January 2014 via mobile

Close to white mtns & the ocean buffets were good scenery beautiful & rooms nice. If you're looking for a cheap stay to get away & relax or explore this might be your kind of place. It was ideal for us.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank Stray77
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I've stayed here twice in recent months as it is close to my daughter's school. Both times I stayed in the Lodge. I found the accommodations to be clean, comfortable and an excellent value for the price. The staff is friendly and helpful, beginning with the reservation process. While not modern and luxurious, the Lodge is clean, cheerful and comfortable. Sub-compact rooms are tiny, but perfect for my first stay when I didn't plan t spend much time in the room. On my second stay we had a much larger room with a king-sized bed. This room also had a refrigerator and all rooms now have free wi-fi. Having the breakfast nook in the lobby was convenient and we enjoyed the availability of hot water for our tea in the evening. Selections in the morning were definitely adequate - bagels, English muffins, fruit, yogurt, instant oatmeal and cereal. The coffee was good and there was plenty of it. The weekend packages are definitely worth looking into. In addition to the continental breakfast, we received a $30 voucher to a nearby restaurant. We found our stay to be very relaxing and we'll definitely be back. The surrounding area is beautiful and there are many things to do and see within a short distance.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank roadtrippin58
Reviewed 10 December 2013

My brother,his wife and me and my wife stayed at The Lodge Dec 9 th,2013 and realized that this is an older historic building and were not expecting marble and mahogany interior. (We had read the reviews) .We were well pleased with the building,amenities and professional staff. Our rooms were clean, the bed comfortable and reasonably priced. The continental breakfast and the mini refrig were extras included in the price.
While we only live 2 hours away we certainly recommend this business to friends and others and will be back. ( We liked its location with in a few miles of the Oxford Casino)
I'm sure some of the people who wrote reviews would have found problems with the Ritz-Carlton

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dallas P
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My sisters and I booked a room at the hotel in September as an overnight sisters "get-a-way". While the grounds, views, etc. are nice, the room was the worst I'd ever stayed in. Shabby, and worst than that, not clean. No heat, no blankets, no nothing. The toilet had been used and not flushed.....need I say more. A visit to the spring house, the museum, and to walk the trails is worthwhile but find other overnight accommodations.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
5  Thank njjSarasota_Fl
Reviewed 27 October 2013

oh but they did,
If anyone out there is looking for a STRESS FREE getaway, This is where you want to go !!
Summer, spring and fall are the Best times to go with the option of sleeping in the main or Presidential Inn. If you take time to visit, expect no cooking, fresh air, no stress and nice people.
There is a wildlife park down the street ( 10 minute drive ) Which we found interesting along with meeting the North woods Law Wardens which were scheduled to be there for a weekend.
We'll be back !!!

Room Tip: Presidential Inn or the main Inn would be my choose.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
6  Thank Karen F
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We spent a wonderful Weekend full of fun,Stress Free and entertaining!This was our 9th year attending this weekend and have never been disaapionted. Between meeting people and making relationships that seems to last forever. The staff are exceptional! We love the fact that it is dated but they are always trying to find new ways to entertain not all of course will please every one but it is the fact that try hard to make it fun for everyone. The Halloween party and dance can be very frighting. Chrismas and Santa is exciting. Then there is New Years Eve a night to remember. We just love it.

Room Tip: The Main Inn is where action is!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton Inn Lewiston-Auburn
Center Street Value Inn
9 mi away
Residence Inn by Marriott Auburn

Been to Poland Spring Resort? Share your experiences!