“Delightful”

The Chadwick Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 11 Portland B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We stayed at The Chadwick Inn May 22-27, 2014. From the first contact I had with Scot on the phone when I made my reservations, he was very friendly and accomodating. He was very helpful in assisting me with a few special needs that I had. When we arrived, we were greeted by Erin. She was lovely, friendly and very welcoming. The Inn was clean, nicely decorated and very comfortable. We stayed in the Abbott Room with an en suite bathroom. The bed was the most comfortable one I have ever slept in at a hotel or B&B. The towels were soft and plush. I checked out the brand and will probably order some for myself. I can't say enough about the breakfasts. They were incredible. I even asked Erin for the recipe for the strawberry shortcake pancakes. They had snacks, water bottles, hot cocoa, and more available any time of day. It is located a short 5 minute car ride to Old Port. I highly recommend this B&B and will stay there again when I return to Portland.

Room Tip: The Abbott room was awesome. The Longfellow room does not have an en suite bathroom, it is out in t...

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed at the Chadwick B&B for a two night stay in Portland right after we got married and it was nothing short of perfect! Erin and Scot were so welcoming and the place is clean, quiet, relaxing and the food is outstanding! Having a gluten allergy was not an issue; they were incredibly accommodating. I could not get enough of the gf peanut butter cookies or the homemade granola. Erin gave us some helpful tips to navigate around the city and recommended some local hot spots. If you want to stay in the quieter section of town surrounded by historic beautiful homes, then the Chadwick is the right place! A 15-20 minute walk to Old Port, off street parking in the driveway for your vehicle, ample snacks and water at the ready, clean and cozy rooms, then look no further....we cannot wait to go back next year! We highly recommend the Chadwick B&B! Thank you Scot and Erin!

Room Tip: The Abbott Room is on the backside of the house. Quiet and spacious. Private on-suite bathroom.
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I just couldn't get enough of their fabulous breakfasts. Even if everything else was awful I would still go for the breakfast! With that said, everything else was far above par. They had clean, comfortable rooms and bathrooms with a lovely common area full of movies and water bottles (which came in handy every day we hit the town). Scott and Erin were incredibly accommodating to our every need - including when we mixed up one of our other reservations and needed to leave sooner than expected. They were so gracious and helped out with everything they possibly could. Definitely staying here next time!

Reviewed 25 May 2014

My colleagues and I travelled regularly to Portland for several years. We were happy to find the Chadwick B & B where Scott made us feel completely at home. The beautiful architecture, very relaxed atmosphere, and gourmet breakfast are not to be missed. Scott even helped us organize a reception at the Inn where we were able to host our colleagues as if we were at home. Tea, coffee home baked cookies are serves at all times. Rooms are spacious and well taken care for. An inviting new fire-pitt outside will complete your experience of Portland as feeling at home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I have had the pleasure of staying at The Chadwick several times over the last year, and each stay has been nothing short of excellent! The inn is located in a very convenient location, close to some really good restaurants and eating places. You can get to them within 10-15 minutes. The rooms are lovely, and even though two of the four rooms do not have attached bathrooms, you do get your own dedicated bathroom just outside your room. So it wasn't an inconvenience at all. The breakfast was very good, and the cookies in the pantry are outstanding! Erin, the assistant innkeeper, bakes them fresh, including an amazing gluten-free peanut butter cookie that is to die for! What most attracts me to return to the inn time after time is that Scot is such a wonderful and hospitable innkeeper: he has interesting stories to share and thoughtful things to say, and yet is always respectful of your need for privacy. That balance is very difficult to strike, and Scot manages it beautifully! I definitely recommend The Chadwick for both personal and business travelers!

Room Tip: Rooms 1 and 2 have attached bathrooms
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We had an awesome time in Portland, and a fabulous stay at the Chadwick.

Scott, Jason and Erin were wonderful hosts -- the inn and our room were beautiful and comfortable.

Breakfast was amazing all 3 days!!

We'll definitely be back.

1  Thank MrPoodlePants
Reviewed 19 May 2014

I feel like we found the Perfect Place to stay in Portland! The B&B was located in the quiet part of the city and was a short 5 minute drive or a 25 minute walk to shops and restaurants. We decided to walk! The rooms were very comfortable and the main house was very charming and nicely decorated. We chose the room with the small porch and sat out there and had our morning coffee. Perfect way to start a day. The breakfast was amazing!! We started with a Mimosa at breakfast and there were several variations of Mimosa's that they offer. We were served a greek omelet with lemon rosemary potatoes that was to die for. The coffee they serve is great and the oatmeal cookies are truly amazing. Service was outstanding!! We had a wonderful experience and will definitely go back.