Stayed here for a few nights recently. Found the hosts and all the staff very friendly. We absolutely loved the place. OK maybe it doesn't have fantastic TVs in the rooms, and the bathrooms aren't amazing, but it has style, elegance and some lovely spaces where you can relax. Number of good restaurants a short walk away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Danforth is the grande dame of the Portland, Maine boutique hotel scene. Built in the 1800's, extensive renovations to design and (mostly) new bathrooms have married historic gentility with classic but contemporary stylings. Basement billiard room, a widow's walk with views, three course breakfasts - who could ask for more? A recent review called The Danforth an historic mansion with a hip vibe. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Priceline so you can book your The Danforth reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Danforth Hotel Portland
- The Danforth Portland, Maine