“Delightful stay!”
Review of The Danforth

The Danforth
Ranked #5 of 12 Portland B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I had a truly delightful stay at The Danforth. We were sorry we only had one night. Our room was spacious with a tasteful mixture of traditional and contemporary styling. Breakfast was very tasty and the manager was ready to offer assistance with anything we needed.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Great place to stay while in Portland. About a 15-20min walk from downtown which is perfect, the breakfast was delicious, the room was a perfect size with a newly remodeled bathroom and the staff was friendly and welcoming! I would highly recommend this Inn! Looking forward to our next visit!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Received personal attention from the moment you arrived at the front door.
The entire staff was professional and friendly. I arrived around 4:00 pm and delighted to see that they had afternoon tea with home made cakes, perfect and relaxing after a 7 hour car ride. Was shown to my room which was nicely appointed, ( I especially enjoyed having slippers placed out in the evenings). During my two nights stay I could describe as "being at home". Breakfast was excellent, thank you Liz for everything !
I'll be back in the spring.
if you're looking for a relaxing quaint place to stay, in Portland ME, this should be first on your list.

Room Tip: All the rooms are perfectly appointed and quite.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank db s
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Our manager, Brett, was very attentive and gracious. Ibby's breakfast was memorably delicious. Our room was spacious and comfortable. We can't wait to return and see what the renovations have done to this already charming B&B.

1  Thank Brooke D
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This boutique eclectic hotel located about a mile from downtown Portland lovely appointed rooms and cozy nooks for relaxing used to be a sea captains home. They have fresh fruit and cookies tea time during day and a gourmet breakfast. Nice treat from large scale hustle and bustle hotels. The Danforth only has 9 rooms but a great getaway for those who enjoy the finer things in life.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Barb F
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We had an excellent experience at the Danforth! The breakfasts were wonderful, the accommodations comfortable and clean, and the staff very personable, helpful and showed genuine interest in us and what we needed. I would recommend it to anyone!

Reviewed 6 August 2014

What to say about the Danforth. It was wonderfully charming and brought that unique experience to my stay I'm always looking for. I like modern amenities with classic elements of a stay house and the Danforth did not disappoint. I will not comment on service - as it was excellent and I expect nothing less when I travel and spend a good amount of money. The house was absolutely beautiful, well kept and clean as a whistle. The rooms were luxurious, not just the spacious stay rooms and bathrooms (adored with new fixtures and a rock covered floor) but the downstairs dining room and sitting rooms.

We bought crisp white wine at the NH liquor store coming up and purchased gourmet cheeses and fruits at the local whole foods. There are no refrigerators in the rooms, but on each floor there are small well appointed rooms with refrigerators and places to prepare food and drink. We just labelled our goods and off we went. We even bought a baguette at Standard banking company to enjoy with olives.

We enjoyed our cheese plate and cocktail hour on the roof terrace, the furniture was clean and the landscape lovely. Later we enjoyed a bottle of champagne in the billiard room with a silver ice bucket Libby prepared for us.

After dinner at Hugo's we returned to our turned down room with local artisan chocolates on our pillows, along with a satchel of lavender. After having one bite of each chocolate i drifted off to a great sleep.

Drawbacks: about a mile walk to the old port (to the places we wanted to be), and we skipped breakfast both days because it was from 830-930. TOO EARLY!

Room Tip: all seemed nice to me.