“THE AYES HAVE IT!”

Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Description: The menu at Hot Suppa is all made from scratch from quality ingredients; local goods are used whenever possible. Our renowned breakfast and lunch are served seven days a week, so you can get that corned beef hash fix whenever you’re jonesing. Dinner is available five nights a week, featuring our favorite dishes, like fried chicken & a waffle, falafel salad, and Maine oysters on the half shell. We offer a full bar service if you care to relax into the evening with a Porch Swing cocktail, or recover in the morning with a spicy Bloody Mary or cold draft beer.
Reviewed 27 September 2012

Not sure why it's taken me and my wife so long to come here - we've heard nothing but rave reviews for a long time - but we finally made and boy oh boy are we glad we did! We had an outstanding dinner in the outside courtyard and the service was impeccable and the meal even better than that. And no matter what any of us - 4 in total - had, it was a real winner. No question top ten in a city full of great paces to eat...and no question we will be back.

Reviewed 26 September 2012

Small, Conveniently located little restraunt. There are only 7 or so tables but this place is excellent. You usually have to wait on a line before you can eat. The menu is small. BUT everything there tastes great. Friendly staff, great for the locals!

Reviewed 25 September 2012

One thing - there is NO parking lot for this small restaurant. Finding street parking is not easy, but don't let that stop you.
The staff is incredible. We sat at the bar because it was faster. The bartender was hand-crafting cocktails for our neighbors with incredible care. I asked for a beer recommendation and he came through - Portland is a Foodie-centric city and hand-crafted beer is a priority.
This restaurant has a southern/creole twist to New England food. Everyone will find something on the menu.
We ordered a fried oyster salad - divine.
A salad from the specials board - incredible.
I had fried chicken - it was undoubtedly the best, crunchy outside, juicy inside chicken ever. I can't even remember my side because I ate it all.
Kiddo had the brisket plate - with mac & cheese and sweet potatoes. Delicious. A selection of BBQ/Sauces are available - all good.
The service was so wonderful - and friendly - and the food so good - no wonder people were waiting....
GO HERE!!!

1  Thank schimmelart
Reviewed 12 September 2012

We stopped in for breakfast and really enjoyed the meal. I had the granola and yogurt (delicious), and my wife had eggs, sausage, and hash browns. The coffee was very good, and the server was friendly. It looks like it would be a great place for a warm dinner or a 'hot suppa'.

Reviewed 11 September 2012

A little outside of downtown but worth the trip. Stopped in for lunch. great selection of sanwiches at a good price.
Also hear their hash is to die for. The fried green tomato blt is great!