“Close to Maine Medical Center”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland
Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Portland
A TripAdvisor Member
mahias, maine
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This hotel is very close to Maine Medical Center. My child had an early morning surgery scheduled and we live several hours from the hospital. The room was a little dated, but it was super clean and the bed was really, really comfortable. The staff at La Quinta were very friendly and helpful and absolutely helped to make our time in Portland as stress free as possible.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Reviewed 16 October 2013

We have stayed at La Quinta properties in other locations previously and have never experienced any difficulties. However, I would not recommend this particular location. On the good side, I will say that the clerk who checked 2 very tired travelers in was very friendly, the beds a bit soft but comfortable enough, and the breakfast in the morning was substantial and filling. That is where the good news ends. Our room had holes in the walls and was very dirty. There was hair on the bathroom floor and in the tub, there was just plain dirt on the floor and in all of the corners, and the whole room seemed just unclean. For me, cleanliness is extremely important, so the filth in the room and generally un-kept nature of the room erased any good!!! I will not return to this property.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dale S
Reviewed 13 October 2013

The first time ever in Portland we stayed at this hotel. I had never been in Portland, Maine in my life. Had to go there for surgery for my husband. By luck this is the hotel we choose. They were wonderful to me. I had never seen so many one way streets in my life. and it was January. And there was snow all over.They took me to the hospital every day and came and got me when I called them to return to the hotel. To me while in a strange city with some many one way streets it was a blessing. And they constantly asked me if I needed anything and if I was ok. That is going above and beyond their jobs in my book.I have since stayed there each time I had to come back to Portland for more surgery for my husband. Last time I was there was Sept =2013

Room Tip: Have always stayed on the first floor because of husband not being able to walk to far. Don't th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Betty A
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We redeemed a free night at this hotel and found it average. Our biggest complaint was the road noise and the neighborhood. I notice others call it quiet so maybe the location of our room accounted for the excessive noise. Our room faced the Interstate. Staff were friendly and courteous. No one seemed to be in charge of the breakfast room and the tables were dirty and sticky.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

Just returned from a tour of New England and this was our second stop. The hotel was booked on a bed and breakfast basis. The staff were helpful and friendly, the room was very spacious, clean and had king size bed. On the down side the hotel is adjacent to a railway line which is fine until a cargo train goes through during the night and you get it rumbling the room for about 10 minutes. We walked downtown which is about 1 and a half miles away. In the end we didn't bother with breakfast because of there being only about 30 tables for the hotel is was too much of a free for all for us!

Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed 2 nights because it was close to downtown and the price was so goo next to the chain hotels closer to the water. It was very clean, quiet, with waffles for breakfast. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Even free parking. What more could you want?

Reviewed 27 September 2013

For the price one cannot expect 4 star accommodations. But the La Quinta Portland came through in all the aspects that are most important for me. The room was clean and very quiet (second floor facing parking lot), linens and towels were fresh and housekeeping did their work each day. The location is also conveniently close to things to see and do in the center of Portland. The free breakfast is better than many others I've had in places that were more expensive. There was a waffle maker, bagels, toast, boiled eggs, cold cereals, yoghurt, coffee and orange juice and, more importantly, the breakfast room was clean. The ladies at the front desk were friendly and helpful.