“It did the trick :)”

Ranked #15 of 20 Hotels in Portland
Boston
“It did the trick :)”
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel was definitely better than the Days Inn-Busch Gardens I stayed at a couple of weeks ago- that was disgusting!
This hotel was clean and updated. And it didn't have that funky hotel smell that most I have been in do. The area it was in tho was kind of shady. It was less than 2 miles away from town. It is near the station which is convenient but you hear the trains on the side I was on. I payed $70 and that's cheap enough. I would stay here again but on the other side cause I got no sleep :(

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank mscrazy1k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (93)
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Wow, what a surprise this was! After booking this hotel and reading, some great and not so great reviews, we were skeptical. But how wrong I was! We were greeted with smiles and a quick and efficient check in! Our king size room was huge! The beds and sheets were incredibly comfy! It was very clean! I loved being able to have a microwave and a fridge in our room! The breakfast in the morning was simple, but the waffle maker definitely made it worth while! Only 80$ for this amazing room and breakfast? Close to Amtrak train station for traveling! Would definitely stay here again! No complaints at all!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 19Dani89
Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed the night with a group of friends, we were attending a show at the Portland State Theater. $5 cab ride there and also a reasonable distance if wanting to go to the Old Port. The place was nice, beds were comfortable, flat screen TV in room with guide which was nice. We didn't have the breakfast.

Problems we had during our stay:: My friend's room had a leftover dirty towel and soap.
THEY JUDGE YOU... When we came back to the hotel after the concert (midnight), the guy at the front desk told us to "keep it down we have families staying the night." First off they prejudge us, we weren't loud entering the building we're in our mid 20 's please have some respect and at least give us some benefit of the doubt. I could understand if they had received a complaint, but not even. I paid for a room too, the same price as everyone else if I wanted to be a little loud so be it.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Stephanie M
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We booked a room for 3 (friends traveling together) and we double-checked with the hotel beforehand that the room could accommodate 3 people, which was confirmed. The room turned out to have two small beds only. The hotel staff said that they don't have triple rooms and they couldn't put an extra bed or mattress in the room because of "fire hazard". When I asked if we at least could get an extra pair of bed sheets and a comforter so we wouldn't have to share that, they gave us a bed sheet but no comforter.
When I called again and asked for a comforter they said it's against the company policy to give an extra comforter and that I might try to steal it (why would I want to steal it??). I said I could pay a deposit so they would be sure I wouldn't steal the comforter but she got upset and screamed "I'm not gonna risk losing my job over this!" and hung up on me.

Worst service I've ever experienced!

The room smelled very weird. The breakfast was pretty miserable, with only foamy disposable plates and cups and plastic forks.

I will never stay there again, no matter how cheap it is.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 March 2014

We decided on this hotel due to its closeness to the local hospital a family member was staying in. They were wonderful in giving us the preferred rate for this reason for a nice room with a King sized bed. It was close to my fiancé's work and local shops and eating establishments. There was also local taxi service as well as a shuttle I discovered you could take to get to the hospitals nearby. Only glitch was a party central room we ended up having to listen to into the wee hours past 2 am next door on Friday night! When we went down to complain there was Noone at the front desk! No sign of security either to go to as a second resort. Other than that our stay was really nice and we would definetly stay there again vs. the Ramada in Lewiston which tends to be overpriced and has a $200 hold on your non-smoking room.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family