“Great place for the value”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland
Ranked #14 of 20 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 19 July 2014

La Quinta in Portland is a nice place and I and my girlfriend had a great time there. The staff was friendly and the rooms were clean. My only issue was the limited breakfast options and limited hours. For the price however, it was well worth it. This hotel is also very close to the downtown area and the great restaurants. Other hotels in the area charge up to three times the price. I was satisfied and would recommend to anyone.

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
1  Thank Nestor D
There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Portland

A TripAdvisor Member
Perth-Andover, New Brunswick
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The TV service could have had more and better channel selections.
Other that that my stay was wonderful. The room was clean and the breakfast was complete. I would definitely stay at your hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The Beds were broke down. I understand that could be an opinion. Here is a Fact, We immediately complained about a personal item left on the floor of our hotel room ( it was the best of the 3 we were shown) The personal Hygiene item, sat on the floor for 3 days!! We requested a simple pick up of the item everyday. That was just one of many disturbing issues with this La Quinta. I'm a La Quinta gold member and was shocked by this hotel. We enjoyed the city of Portland but would never stay at this hotel again. The building manager did not approach us for review, and correction of issue. Last day at check out House Keeping Manager agreed it would be looked into, but had the nerve to suggest that clients should have the audacity to cleanup after themselves. REALLY - they going to notify the previous client to come back and pick it up, or do they have working house keeping on staff?

Room Tip: There were other places closer to downtown. We stayed at the LaQuinta because our experience in the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank werateyourhotel
Reviewed 16 July 2014

My son and I were going to a concert in the Portland Expo and this La Quinta was a nice hotel to stay in. Not only was it 4 minutes walk to the Portland Expo but the staff at checkin were very friendly and just overall nice and helpful. The room itself was as a "normal" hotelroom, internet/wifi was fast and in the room with no problem. There is however a railroad line right next to the hotel so we did hear some loud trains coming by us - but we got used to it pretty fast. After all, we had just attended a rockconcert so we didn't hear much after that:-)
We didn't get the breakfast as we slept late so can't comment on that. All in all we were ok with this hotel. I can see that people write that it is in a rundown neighborhood...well, it's downtown Portland and not on the beach but ... this is Maine, I feel completely safe anywhere in Maine, run-down neighborhood or not.

1  Thank Marianne S
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was my first time staying at the La Qunita and found it quite pleasant. We checked in late on a Sunday after not having anywhere to stay with my father in the hospital. The staff there went above and beyond for us. The women that checked us in was amazing. When I explained that we were a large family she assured us that it wasn't a problem and was extremely friendly with the kids. They even went as far as letting us use an HDMI cable so we could use our laptop connected to the TV. Netflix kept the kids busy. On top of that, the room was clean, appliances were newish and it is 3 minutes from the hospital and because we at the hospital we paid the hospital that was discount about %50. The only issue we had was with the shuttle. The morning my father died I was stranded at the hospital because the phones went down at the hotel and was unable to call the shuttle. I had to take a cab. The staff did seem sorry.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Have stayed at many La Quintas and found it lacking many of the amenities that are usually there. No luggage racks in room and when asked they said they only had two, but they did find one for us. Also, no fridge in room , desk chair like a canvas beach chair, no pen and paper, and ice machine broken on our floor. It did seem clean (although found a nickel on the floor) and very spacious room. Employees friendly.

Room Tip: Ask if the room has a fridge
Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed here last weekend before our road race. We chose it because it was a short drive to old port. It was pretty pricey for what you get, and quite outdated. However, it was clean and only 7 minutes from where we had to go. Not a bad choice, but probably not an amazing choice either!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple