“Expect better”

Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 31 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 July 2013

On a recent trip through Maine, my girlfriend and I stayed at this hotel. We knew we'd be outside of Portland proper, but it was a Saturday in the summer, and we were trying to save money. We paid $125 and thought, it can't be that bad. It was. From check in, until we left, the property was the epitome of sadness and despair. Furniture in room had cigarette burns, as did the toilet seat. Yep, the toilet seat. Room was dirty, and the desk in the room, had wood coming off, enough to scratch my girlfriend's legs when she sat down. In addition, we found someone's worn boxer shorts behind the door in the bathroom. My girlfriend and I travel often, and this is the first time I've written a poor review. The pool was clean however, and the breakfast was a standard continental one from a lower level hotel chain, but really, this place needs to be razed and built again from the ground up. I really tried to tell myself (and my girlfriend) it's just one night, but man, you really had to grit your teeth to get through to the next day. If you can get a night for $39.99 and you have a strong constitution, then feel free to book, but I can't imagine you walking away from a stay here thinking it was a good experience. To her credit, the front desk person was really nice at checkout, and you got the feeling not a day goes by where someone doesn't talk to her about some issues.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank LondonHoulton
Reviewed 27 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Jeffrey H
Reviewed 25 July 2013

We stayed here for 2 nights and were pleased. The value was excellent. Rooms were adequate and cleaned daily. The pool was very clean, although it could use a table or two and umbrellas.

The staff was very nice and one gentleman was good enough to tell me how to get into the city easily and where to park. We had a problem with our sink one evening around 5 pm. I called the desk to report it, and a man was there to fix the problem within 5 minutes and he was all done replacing the drain rod within about 20 minutes of my call. I would call that excellent service!

The included breakfast was also very good.

I would stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple