“great location and amenities”

Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Waterfront
Ranked #8 of 19 Hotels in Portland
“great location and amenities”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Stopped in for a one night stay but, will return to this hotel for sure. The room was a great space and very clean. the hotel location is easy to find and centrally located with a great view and easy access to the ferry.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cardr627
sarah d, Front Office Manager at Residence Inn Portland Downtown/Waterfront, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and will be back again. I too enjoy our location. It's nice being so close to the Eastern Promenade and the Old Port. I would be happy to assist in any way possible for your upcoming reservations.

Sarah day

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (252)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I thoroughly debated giving this hotel five stars because such a rating seems suited for an exclusive resort or boutique hotel. But I am considering the context.

First, I have lifetime Platinum status with Marriott, which of course means I've stayed in a bunch, all over the country. And this one, for a Residence Inn, is top notch. Does it compare to, say, a suite at a Renaissance? Of course not, but that's an apples-and-oranges comparison.

Second is the context of the area. If you are a tourist in Portland, you want to be near the waterfront (check), old Portland (check), downtown and arts district (check), and top-notch restaurants (check). You get all of this, plus rooms and an environment definitely configured to feel like home.

Where this property exceeds standards is in its staffing. When I asked for a room that wasn't next to the elevators, the manager herself took me to check out other rooms. Everyone is friendly and ultra-helpful. The free breakfast even is beyond what I've had at other properties. And there are plenty of public spaces, including a lounge, to stretch out.

By the way, the fitness center was better equipped than those in Marriotts and Renaissance hotels I've stayed in.

I've already stayed here twice and if I ever return to Portland, which I certainly hope to, I won't consider staying anywhere else.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Glenn N
Thank you so much for your sincere review! It is always a pleasure to know we have made a guest stay the very best it could be. We look forward to your next visit. Please let me know if I personally can be of assistance with any up coming planning.

Austin, TX
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I have stayed at this hotel twice in 3 months and it does not disappoint. The staff is very friendly from the people in the restaurant, to the bartenders to the front desk staff. The manager comes into the restaurant every morning and says hi. He does not hide from the guests.

Green Features: They are pet friendly and I always love to see that.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank travelingfool01
Thank you for being a loyal guest. I will make sure to share your kind words with our staff . We look forward to your next visit.

Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 May 2014

This was our second mini-vacation in a year to this hotel..We had the best room in the hotel, overlooking the harbor with the wall of floor to ceiling windows. We travel with our 2 Westies and the hotel is extremely pet friendly and so quiet. The area is beautiful, so much to do and great for long walks down by the port with the dogs. Relatives are nearby and it's a quick trip to see them..Wouldn't stay anywhere else but a Residence Inn, we love them. Beds are perfect, room cleaned well, great room setup and a beautiful setting in Portland..perfect!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for sharing your pictures of your adorable Westies enjoying the view from your suite. It is such a pleasure having guest such as yourself, stay with us to enjoy the downtown area with their pets. The Eastern Promenade is a beautiful place to walk with furry friends as well. I'm glad we have earned your admiration and look forward to many future visits with you. Please let me know if I can be of assistance with this.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for business. Great location by the waterfront. Right by terminal for ferry. Restaurants within walking distance. Shipyard brewery 1/2 block away. Nice fitness center in hotel with several elliptical and treadmills and stationary bikes. Had weights and a bench too. Friendly staff. Room was great and overlooked water -you can see the ferry as well as the sailboats in the water. Parking is $12 in a multiple/story garage across the street.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Summerside, Canada
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed on business in January. Was very impressed with the professionalism of the staff at this hotel. The rooms were good and the meeting rooms were prepped well in advance of our morning meetings. The only downside was the internet speed but that certainly did not detract from the overall stay's quality.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Oakfield, NS
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We (party of 3) arrived late after taking the ferry from Yarmouth to Portland. We rec'd a warm welcome, and the gentleman at the front desk upgraded us to a 2 bedroom suite. Check in was easy, parking was reasonable. Our suite was beautiful. Everything that we wanted to do was an easy walk. We asked about places to eat and things that they liked to do in Portland. They gave us great advice. Breakfast was included and had a great selection of hot and cold items. E I'd definitely stay here again and can't wait to come back to Portland when I have more time to explore this beautiful city.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family