“Italian on Fore”

Dining style: Casual Elegant
Belmont, Massachusetts
“Italian on Fore”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I decided to give them a try this visit. Almost all the entrees are pasta. So, if you are looking for something else, this is not the place to dine. My salad was good and my pasta special was okay.
Entrees are very large, so think about splitting. Service was a bit strange. When asked if I would like to take home the leftovers, a tin was brought to the table. If the place was busy, maybe I could understand the concept of patron do-it-yourself. But this was early on a Tues. night, and the place was practically empty. Then I had to ask for a bag to carry the tin. Prices are a bit high for this type of food, in this city. Ribolitta, just down the street has a better Italian selection and atmosphere.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Michael W

Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
“What a Gem!”
Reviewed 4 October 2013

This place is a hidden gem, tucked into the streets of Portland. It is easy to miss because there is nothing flashy about this place, but it really doesn't need it. I had walked by it several times before stopping to try it. I've eaten here twice now and was blow away by the classic flavors both times. All the pasta is handmade and sauces are sure to impress. You can tell they use fresh ingredients that speak for themselves. I got the special (~$18.00) which was a pumpkin ravioli drizzled with a balsamic reduction, it was to die for. Although the special is seasonal, the main menu items are also very delicious as well.

• Visited October 2013
silver spring, md
“Nice, simple ambiance; very good food”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

First, the ambiance is simple, but very nice; the lighting is really pleasant and the tables are nicely spaced. The servers are very efficient and friendly. You can see them making homemade pasta in the kitchen, and that tells you that everything is very fresh. My wife and I shared an house salad, but unfortunately, it was way too salty. However, everything elso they served was excellent. We shared lasagna, ravioli stuffed with ricotta and spinach, and a bottle of wine. Everything was delicious.

Orrington, Maine
“A terrific little place on the fringe of the Old Port”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

My company has an office very close by and I like to pop in for lunch when I'm in the area. Painted with light colors and simply decorated, it's all about the freshness of the food. People who have complained the menu isn't 15 pages long don't get it: they dont offer more than they can make freshly. I always get something different (today it was a shell-shaped pasta with an unbelievable creamy walnut sauce!) and I've never been disappointed, and the staff has always been friendly and helpful. I

Matlock, United Kingdom
“A decent Italian restaurant”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I visited this restaurant while on holiday with family, it was recommended by our hotel receptionist and while not the very best Italian I have eaten it was perfectly acceptable.

The restaurant has a warm atmosphere and the staff are very welcoming, service was prompt and the food delivered was as described.