“Fine Fare on Forest”

Ranked #87 of 616 Restaurants in Portland
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Husband and I had a meal here, rather late in the evening. Still quite busy at 8:30 when closing is 9pm. Good sign!
Falafel salad was fresh and full of intriguing tastes... the marinated veggies were a tangy contrast to the greens but were not spicy, which I really liked. Falafel were the best I have had in Maine. My husband enjoyed the blackened fish sandwich, and we shared an order of sweet potato fries that were crispy, not oily and tasted very fresh.
We'll go back. We recommend. Casual, not fancy. Helpful, friendly staff who can answer questions and help make choices.

Reviewed 4 March 2014

This place is awesome!!!! Everything on menu is great. The fried oyster po boy and the muffalata are my favorites. Take my advice and add praline bacon and the spicy garlic sauce to whatever sandwich you get.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

We decided to stop by for the first time and we were very pleasantly surprised- here is a casual sandwich shop, unassuming from the outside but offering a refreshingly different menu inside. We both had the chicken BLT- I know, that doesn't sound too different- but the roll was much better than the usual, the chicken was plentiful - overall a good experience. The macaroon, for $1, was moist and tasty. I think it was fried maybe. Anyway, there were a lot of interesting choice that would lure us back- gumbo, pulled port, oysters, shrimp and so on. The girl at the counter was very friendly. Worth trying out if you want something new - in a casual setting.

Reviewed 4 January 2014

Was in town in the fall visiting family and had driven by this place a few times. Decided to give it a try - my fiance and I were both impressed! Food was generously portioned, reasonably priced, and tasty. We're not from the South but have visited quite a few times and while it wasn't that - it was really good. Will definitely be visiting again.

Reviewed 25 December 2013

This is a quick bite place but the food is good and the service is excellent. The set-up is almost like a fast-food style but the Louisiana-style food menu are all very delicious. The prices are reasonable. Highly recommendable for travelers to Portland.