“Pleasantly surprised”

Po' Boys and Pickles
Ranked #122 of 614 Restaurants in Portland
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Benton, Tennessee
“Pleasantly surprised”
Reviewed 2 July 2014

Had the peacemaker and the shrimp and oysters were cooked perfect. Really enjoyed the sweet potato fries and good banana shake. Not the best key lime shake but overall I was really impressed.

• Visited July 2014

Great Smoky Mountains National Park, Tennessee
“An unexpected surprise off the beaten path”
Reviewed 28 June 2014 via mobile

We had tired of the somewhat overpriced selections on Commercial Street and thought we would try this location. It is an unpretentious little restaurant that packs a huge flavor punch. The reviews are spot on here. Our group had the chicken/sausage gumbo, the sausage red beans and rice, fried shrimp poboy and a vegetarian salad - all of them being top notch, full flavor knockouts. I even tried the Thai Tea shake and it was absolutely, subtly delicious. The salad would hold its own against any upscale restaurant. We were full and had leftovers to bring back to the hotel for later snacking. The bread was fantastic; I understand it is flown in from New Orleans. A great meal experience especially for the price.

Visited June 2014
Portland, Maine
“In the mood for a great salad.....and got it!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Was in a mood for a great salad. Searched for reviews on TA. Could not find any. Decided to go to Po Boys because all their other food is top notch I thought they would make a great salad. And since it is World Cup week..........SCORE!!!!!!!!!

Great salad. Maffalata (sp) salad. Just hit the spot.

So grateful PBAP is in Portland....love this city!

Harrison, Maine
“What's not to like?”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I find it difficult to not stop here when I'm in the area at lunch time. I would like to try all the items on the menu, but I just can't seem to get beyond the po'boy sandwiches. Never had a bad meal here. Nothing fancy for décor, but the food is great, servings generous, and prices moderate.

• Visited March 2014
Winthrop, Massachusetts
“A little slice of home!”
Reviewed 28 May 2014

I was in Portland on business, had time to kill before a meeting and decided to venture off the beaten path of the waterfront. This turned out to be the best decision, as I came across Po' Boys and Pickles, and as a native from the land of po' boys, decided to go in and see how a place in Maine would stack up to the standards I was accustomed to in LA. Le' me told you, cher, they done so good! I had the Peacemaker (fried shrimp and oysters) and it was awesome! But the key to a great po' boy is the bread, and they nailed it by using Leidenheimer's! I can't wait until my next trip to Portland in June!

• Visited May 2014